Titan Racing Announce Updated Logo and Branding

News bot

On 9/2/2023 at 7:05 AM, Barry said:

3rd time for this brand if i am not mistaken. Choose an identity and stay with it. 

Hi Barry,

This is the second time, each time it was done to represent a major and important milestone in our history and future. The first time was when we went from TITAN to TITAN RACING. This was a big one for us as it was done to signify our move from using open molds to our own molds and bike designs. Cliff Beckket joined and brought with him a wealth of design knowledge and experience. The Cypher was launched soon after and has gone on to do extremely well for us. We also got our teeth stuck in the South African racing scene. Part to support local talent, part to put our bikes to the test in extreme South African conditions, and part to show it can be done on a Titan Racing bike. A couple of years later and any given Sunday you will find a Titan Racing rider on a podium in South Africa, Mauritius or Coast Rica. We have since launched several new models, the most recent being the Valerian Carbon. Designed, tested, and perfected in-house. 

This round is more of a refresh than a rebrand. Actually, it is exactly that. We're still TITAN RACING, but for the team working behind the scenes, this is a massive MARKER in the stand. We can't say too much at the moment, but the next couple of months will be big for us.

On 9/2/2023 at 5:38 AM, RobertWhitehead said:

You know what this means for all the old logo bikes? 

(Deliberately replying to this after the reply to Barry)

There are already GREAT deals going on our bikes, which were already the best value-for-money bikes on the market.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/2/2023 at 9:00 PM, babse said:

New logos make the frames any lighter? Asking for a friend

Our marketing team should probably come up with a clever acronym for the new logo with a flashy PowerPoint presentation on how the slanted "A" encourages the movement of air over the rear triangle, and how the new logo is 10% smaller representing a 5-second saving at 400watts, BUT, they're probably out riding new bikes. 😎

On 9/2/2023 at 8:43 AM, DieselnDust said:

is this a Signal of Intense rivalry in the cycling market?Are they moving up to Cruz level with the new Specialized tsyled logo? Will their pricing remain Scalpel sharp or are we in for some Epic price increases. I love this brand. They are the perfect rebel in a world of Transition. Scott to say I wish them well because their brand is Giant in SA.

You're a poet and you don't even realize it! 😎 And yes, there's no cypher here, our prices will remain as sharp as a scalpel. Even for the lefties among us. 

3 hours ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Hi Barry,

This is the second time, each time it was done to represent a major and important milestone in our history and future. The first time was when we went from TITAN to TITAN RACING. This was a big one for us as it was done to signify our move from using open molds to our own molds and bike designs. Cliff Beckket joined and brought with him a wealth of design knowledge and experience. The Cypher was launched soon after and has gone on to do extremely well for us. We also got our teeth stuck in the South African racing scene. Part to support local talent, part to put our bikes to the test in extreme South African conditions, and part to show it can be done on a Titan Racing bike. A couple of years later and any given Sunday you will find a Titan Racing rider on a podium in South Africa, Mauritius or Coast Rica. We have since launched several new models, the most recent being the Valerian Carbon. Designed, tested, and perfected in-house. 

This round is more of a refresh than a rebrand. Actually, it is exactly that. We're still TITAN RACING, but for the team working behind the scenes, this is a massive MARKER in the stand. We can't say too much at the moment, but the next couple of months will be big for us.

There are already GREAT deals going on our bikes, which were already the best value-for-money bikes on the market.

Hey, i get this 100%. Titan has always been an iconic brand in my opinion and i am happy to recommend it to any potential customer. Campagnolo or Colnago amongst many have stuck to a logo for decades and they are recognized buy the logo.

As i said maybe i was mistaken about the 3 logo changes but i see 4.

images (1).png

images (2).png

titan-calypso-1578046404-0545-1.jpg

images (1).jpeg

Edited by Barry

21 hours ago, BikerSA said:

Titan should include a bike archive on their website giving full detail of all older bikes, like TREK has.  This way their wont be any identity loss.

Cool idea. Let's see if we can make it happen. 

For now, if ever there is uncertainty anyone can just drop us a DM here or an email and we'll happily reply with the required info. 

1 hour ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Hi Barry,

My quote was referring to the 2nd hand market in particular, the moment a brand releases a new or refreshed logo the older logo becomes less desirable and sits longer before it sells. Just an observation based on historical information :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

My quote was referring to the 2nd hand market in particular, the moment a brand releases a new or refreshed logo the older logo becomes less desirable and sits longer before it sells. Just an observation based on historical information :thumbup:

If you find any old design R100 notes in you wallet amongst all the new notes i will take them off your hands.😂

9 hours ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Seems you can eat your cake and have it...

3(1).jpg.42497a94e9d7095e18133a8cf1778b92.jpg

It's great to see a brand reply on here you won't find any of the other 👍🏻👍🏻 as someone currently on the verge of buying a Cypher pro is it just the name or is there going to be a complete new design frame to replace it? 

Thanks 

15 hours ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Our marketing team should probably come up with a clever acronym for the new logo with a flashy PowerPoint presentation on how the slanted "A" encourages the movement of air over the rear triangle, and how the new logo is 10% smaller representing a 5-second saving at 400watts, BUT, they're probably out riding new bikes. 😎

Oh come on be ambitious man.!!!!

that new logo is worth at least 20W saving at 40km/hr at sea level on a calm day after an unladen sparrow has farted.

that  or just send me the key ring and coffee mug  with new logos 👌👍🏼

On 9/2/2023 at 7:05 AM, Barry said:

3rd time for this brand if i am not mistaken. Choose an identity and stay with it. 

That would be pretty boring if that was the case. 

Things change, time changes, logos change. Not just for bikes, but for everything. Renault has just changed their logo, so too has Nissan. FNB has a new logo too. 

1 hour ago, Eugene said:

That would be pretty boring if that was the case. 

Things change, time changes, logos change. Not just for bikes, but for everything. Renault has just changed their logo, so too has Nissan. FNB has a new logo too. 

The Nissan logo is much the same as it was in 1930's. FNB and Jan Smuts airport 😂. Iconic/ Legendary  companies with a rich and proud heritage like Ferrari, Lambo, Campy and many others are decades old and in no way boring.

Celibate achievements by adding a gold livery for that year or SA color stripe through the logo. Many ways to celebrate a milestone and still keep your identity and be proud of your roots.

Edited by Barry
Ad on