94.7 shocking stadium security!

Emazing

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

wow this is a depressing thread.

joburg sounds like Dodge city.

Oi, stop giving Dodge City a bad name...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Michael Dewing said:

Here’s a controversial statement.. 

handle your own $h&t.. you’re all adults.. 

yes security sucked but if you can handle yourself there is no issues.. 

I’m not a big dude, but I stern bollocking to about 3 “car guards” had them retreating with their tails between their legs.. and I was in no shape to start fighting after that race.. (although in fairness I have a big beard am covered in tattoos, I look way meaner than I actually am.. people don’t really mess with me..🤔)

my point is, stand up for yourselves, get radical when someone grabs your front wheel, you don’t know that person, why are they touching your stuff, someone’s trying to grab something out of your pocket, start swinging.. 

criminals aren’t scared of security, they aren’t scared of being arrested, they aren’t scared of the justice system, they must come to fear their targets.. 

and yes, security is generally in on the hussle.. more security guards equal more hustle..🤷🏼‍♂️ they are not paid enough to really care about us that are rocking up in our bmw cars and bicycles worth more than they make in a year.!

Apart from all the other issues with this approach already mentioned - you give those okes a "stern bollocking" but then disappear from the scene for 3 hours+ leaving your expensive car alone with them? I fail to see how this protect you from the "hussle"?

8 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Apart from all the other issues with this approach already mentioned - you give those okes a "stern bollocking" but then disappear from the scene for 3 hours+ leaving your expensive car alone with them? I fail to see how this protect you from the "hussle"?

On one of my earlier comments I stated that I heard the guy mumble R50 to park as he moved off.. for that exact reason I didn’t respond.. and the bollocking was saved for my return.😉🤙🏻 

i do feel bad for these okes, and if I carried cash I would give to the right people.. unfortunately they often get pushy and threatening about it.. and that’s not right, so ill Push back..🤷🏼‍♂️

6 hours ago, Michael Dewing said:

It’s not about being a wannabe hero.. why am I being referred to as a hero(in a belittling manner) for looking after myself.? And my wife when needed..

We live in a horrible world, why is it frowned apon to take your own security apon yourself.? No one else is going to..

All right. Two young girls in their early twenties arrive in a small SUV with two bikes on a rack. It's their first race and just from sitting in the traffic they are  totally out of their comfort zone. 

Enter five louts with dirty security bibs.

Your turn . How do they handle this?

Edited by Blokman

6 minutes ago, Blokman said:

All right. Two young girls in their early twenties arrive in a small SUV with two bikes on a rack. It's their first race and just sitting in the traffic they are already totally out of their comfort zone. 

Your turn . How do they handle this.

Or maybe wife and kids did the short ride and finished 2 hours before dad comes in. I would like to think that they are safe when not around.

2 minutes ago, Blokman said:

All right. Two young girls in their early twenties arrive in a small SUV with two bikes on a rack. It's their first race and just sitting in the traffic they are already totally out of their comfort zone. 

Your turn . How do they handle this.

However they want to.. they can leave, they can arm themselves(I know lots of woman that carry and are proficient shooters) they could take up a martial art(I know plenty of woman that would hand it to most men and even multiple men).. 

this scenario could easily apply to men in a car in a Dodge part of town..

my point is, harden the $&&@ up, realize that we live in a dangerous world and stop relying on others for your own personal safety, cos it is not reliable.. 

has nothing to do with being a hero.. it’s realistic to the world we are living in right now..

also too many people are not aware that they can just leave, if I truly believed I was going into a risky situation my first thought is my escape, those woman/men should leave if they are truly worried about their situation.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

However they want to.. they can leave, they can arm themselves(I know lots of woman that carry and are proficient shooters) they could take up a martial art(I know plenty of woman that would hand it to most men and even multiple men).. 

this scenario could easily apply to men in a car in a Dodge part of town..

my point is, harden the $&&@ up, realize that we live in a dangerous world and stop relying on others for your own personal safety, cos it is not reliable.. 

has nothing to do with being a hero.. it’s realistic to the world we are living in right now..

also too many people are not aware that they can just leave, if I truly believed I was going into a risky situation my first thought is my escape, those woman/men should leave if they are truly worried about their situation.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You are joking, right? It's not Friday. 

Edited by Barry

1 minute ago, Barry said:

You a joking, right? It's not Friday. 

Haha to which part.?

I am going to stop responding very soon.. you all must all think I’m some sort of morbid doomsday nut that’s house is surrounded by land mines😳🤣.. I have harsh view of the world, but it’s because of my work and the things I hear and see on a daily basis..  despite that I’m a very happy, very optimistic nice person to be around, (believe it or not🤣🤣)

2 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

Haha to which part.?

I am going to stop responding very soon.. you all must all think I’m some sort of morbid doomsday nut that’s house is surrounded by land mines😳🤣.. I have harsh view of the world, but it’s because of my work and the things I hear and see on a daily basis..  despite that I’m a very happy, very optimistic nice person to be around, (believe it or not🤣🤣)

Not everyone has your work and not everyone is wired like you😂.

3 minutes ago, Barry said:

Not everyone has your work and not everyone is wired like you😂.

Absolutely agreed..! 🤣🤣

people need it, and make me look like an alter boy.. those people fight for the ones that can’t/won’t.. 

okay I’m definitely out now.! 😉🤘🏻

1 minute ago, Michael Dewing said:

Absolutely agreed..! 🤣🤣

people need it, and make me look like an alter boy.. those people fight for the ones that can’t/won’t.. 

okay I’m definitely out now.! 😉🤘🏻

Audie, that you 😝

Audie_Murphy.jpg

If you leave them alone and ignore them then 9/10 they move on and try their luck somewhere else. You give one a klap and then another one gets involved and you klap him too, and then one comes with a scredriver or a knife and then you pull out a gun, all of a sudden you're filling out police reports and going to court. And this is if it works out in your favour. If your only way out is with violence then so be it, but for the other 95% of the times, take a deep breath and leave it be. I'm pushing 50 and it's my age showing here but I've seen enough heat of the moment, split second decisions change peoples lives forever. Even when you win, you lose. 

4 hours ago, Michael Dewing said:

Haha to which part.?

The part where your suggested Plan A is to leave. That's hardly a viable plan and not "standing up for yourself" like you first suggested.

Your Plan B is get a gun. 

I didn't realize jozi went down the tubes enough that the parking lot at a bike race is the O.K. Corral. 

A bike race needs to provide secure parking for your car (and bike). That's one of the tickboxes for a race to work and survive in the future. End of story.

10 hours ago, Shebeen said:

The part where your suggested Plan A is to leave. That's hardly a viable plan and not "standing up for yourself" like you first suggested.

Your Plan B is get a gun. 

I didn't realize jozi went down the tubes enough that the parking lot at a bike race is the O.K. Corral. 

A bike race needs to provide secure parking for your car (and bike). That's one of the tickboxes for a race to work and survive in the future. End of

I never disagreed that security should have been better, but it wasn’t, and that’s the point really, it can’t be relied on.. 

my arguments are definitely falling apart because I’m not super good at writing down my thoughts.. but there are sound arguments for everything I’ve said in any situation, walk away, de escalate, escalate to de escalate and finally fight back..

if anyone meets me and wants to have a conversation about it that would be better..😉🤣🤣

im not a violent psychopath and all I did was raise my voice slightly and use a few curse words in telling three okes trying to get money out of me to get lost cos I knew it was free parking..

“Standing up for yourself” is also a broad term.. it can literally be you telling your friends that the party you meant to go to is in a dodgey part of town and you won’t be attending🤷🏼‍♂️.. or the extreme of fighting your way out of a situation..(that is always last resort)