94.7 shocking stadium security!

Emazing

32 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

Here’s a controversial statement.. 

handle your own $h&t.. you’re all adults.. 

yes security sucked but if you can handle yourself there is no issues.. 

I’m not a big dude, but I stern bollocking to about 3 “car guards” had them retreating with their tails between their legs.. and I was in no shape to start fighting after that race.. (although in fairness I have a big beard am covered in tattoos, I look way meaner than I actually am.. people don’t really mess with me..🤔)

my point is, stand up for yourselves, get radical when someone grabs your front wheel, you don’t know that person, why are they touching your stuff, someone’s trying to grab something out of your pocket, start swinging.. 

criminals aren’t scared of security, they aren’t scared of being arrested, they aren’t scared of the justice system, they must come to fear their targets.. 

and yes, security is generally in on the hussle.. more security guards equal more hustle..🤷🏼‍♂️ they are not paid enough to really care about us that are rocking up in our bmw cars and bicycles worth more than they make in a year.!

Partly agree but mostly disagree.

the last thing you are thinking about after a hard event is crime. 

If they could secure the stadium etc. for Soweto Marathon, there is no reason the same thing cant be done for 947.

If I recall, the fake car guard issue was there last year too. Its not difficult to chase these guys out, just requires additional man power on the ground at all times.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

It’s not about being a wannabe hero.. why am I being referred to as a hero(in a belittling manner) for looking after myself.? And my wife when needed..

We live in a horrible world, why is it frowned apon to take your own security apon yourself.? No one else is going to..

It is not always possible to keep an eye on everyone. Different start times/batch hundreds of people milling around. I am 100% for defend yourself carry a gun ets but this is not for everyone. The moral compass does not register and that when k@k happens.

1 minute ago, Michael Dewing said:

It’s not about being a wannabe hero.. why am I being referred to as a hero(in a belittling manner) for looking after myself.? And my wife when needed..

We live in a horrible world, why is it frowned apon to take your own security apon yourself.? No one else is going to..

In all fairness Michael, you did start your post with "Here’s a controversial statement.." so flaming is to be anticipated.

What you say is absolutely true and ideal and I think it is super cool that you were able to teach those buggers a lesson. However,  contextually, statements like "handle your own $h&t.. you’re all adults" and "yes security sucked but if you can handle yourself there is no issues" do not only come across as a bit condescending but in a way also transfer the responsibility of a very basic but very necessary service (paid for by us by means of entries) from those appointed to do just that, to individuals not trained, often not able and plainly not lus to deal with it. Bottom line, attendance numbers for this event is dwindling and this kind of thing will not be doing the event any favors ito reputation, drastic changes needed.      

5 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Partly agree but mostly disagree.

the last thing you are thinking about after a hard event is crime. 

If they could secure the stadium etc. for Soweto Marathon, there is no reason the same thing cant be done for 947.

If I recall, the fake car guard issue was there last year too. Its not difficult to chase these guys out, just requires additional man power on the ground at all times.

I’m simply saying don’t be a soft target..

I agree, more security to chase those okes away so we don’t get out in a situation we don’t want to be in.. just up the security budget.. but when that fails, then what, I’m not going to join an event that is really fun.. nah I’ll look after myself..🤙🏻

10 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

i definitely don't 

I think its good to push back but that only means more violence from criminals and the saying goes "live by the sword , die by the sword " 

I want to live , not survive day to day just breathing a sigh of relief that I made it to work and back without being victimized.

Pushing back every cent that gets stolen yearly into poor communities and coming done hard on top level crime will likely have this country fixed in 5 years but without a serious civil war in which millions upon millions will die that is just a pipe dream 

You need to suggest stuff that the weakest individuals among us can do that will work and a stern voice from a thin small person doesn't do much to 3 bigger tragically poor and hungry individuals.

I'm out ✌️

2 minutes ago, Karooryder said:

In all fairness Michael, you did start your post with "Here’s a controversial statement.." so flaming is to be anticipated.

What you say is absolutely true and ideal and I think it is super cool that you were able to teach those buggers a lesson. However,  contextually, statements like "handle your own $h&t.. you’re all adults" and "yes security sucked but if you can handle yourself there is no issues" do not only come across as a bit condescending but in a way also transfer the responsibility of a very basic but very necessary service (paid for by us by means of entries) from those appointed to do just that, to individuals not trained, often not able and plainly not lus to deal with it. Bottom line, attendance numbers for this event is dwindling and this kind of thing will not be doing the event any favors ito reputation, drastic changes needed.      

You are correct.. it was condescending.. for that I will apologize.. 

I completely anticipated this response.. 

It’s the industry I work in.. I take my own personal protection very seriously.. because as I keep saying, no one else is going to.. unless I had hundreds of thousands a month to spend on private security that’s worth a dam.. these complex,car, shopping centre security guards are not paid enough to really care.. they are there for the insurance claims..

5 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

i definitely don't 

I think its good to push back but that only means more violence from criminals and the saying goes "live by the sword , die by the sword " 

I want to live , not survive day to day just breathing a sigh of relief that I made it to work and back without being victimized.

Pushing back every cent that gets stolen yearly into poor communities and coming done hard on top level crime will likely have this country fixed in 5 years but without a serious civil war in which millions upon millions will die that is just a pipe dream 

You need to suggest stuff that the weakest individuals among us can do that will work and a stern voice from a thin small person doesn't do much to 3 bigger tragically poor and hungry individuals.

I'm out ✌️

I agree with you.. desperation makes people do crazy things.. and when it’s you or them, they going to choose you.. 

just imagine this scenario though.. 2023 ride joburg, car guards come in to harass people and every single one of those people turn around and pull a gun on them.. they not going to stick around very long and prob won’t return the next year.. that’s wild and probably even more controversial than my first statement.. but it’s something to think about..

I shall also now bow out.. 

💪🏼😉🤙🏻

8 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

I’m simply saying don’t be a soft target..

that right there is easier said than done.

Have you seen how much more harassment woman and old people get?

Like I said in one of my earlier posts about this event, I sat in my car and watched people arriving and getting ready, and it was clear these guys know who to target and who not to. 

1 minute ago, Barry said:

Not only were people getting robbed at the venue you also got robbed on the road😂

Right!!!!! 

13 minutes ago, GSG said:

Right!!!!! 

As an official sponsor you would think they would do this for free as part of marketing.  What value did they add or was it just financial?

Screenshot_20231122-102740-1.jpg

7 minutes ago, Barry said:

As an official sponsor you would think they would do this for free as part of marketing.  What value did they add or was it just financial?

Screenshot_20231122-102740-1.jpg

Good question 🤷‍♂️

Look you guys are right.!

I’ve seen this happen before actually, if nothing gets done about security.. there’ll be no choice but to cancel it..

Im from Cape Town and we had a festival called obsfest held on lower main road observatory, and it just became too dangerous.. too many muggings and violent crime took place.. people stopped going..

the event was cancelled for many years.. would suck if that happened to this as well..

I live in joburg now and I believe it’s back on but it’s because the whole area has basically been gentrified..🤷🏼‍♂️

Sho, very long thread on this matter.

Simple, vote with your wallets. Organisers will quickly get their act togther if they lose clients becuase of this.

If you not happy, dont pay and enter next year. You pay your entry, now the organisers must do what they need to in order to make sure of the safety of their clients. Parking is a huge factor in this.

1 hour ago, wattnow said:

Sho, very long thread on this matter.

Simple, vote with your wallets. Organisers will quickly get their act togther if they lose clients becuase of this.

If you not happy, dont pay and enter next year. You pay your entry, now the organisers must do what they need to in order to make sure of the safety of their clients. Parking is a huge factor in this.

That can go wrong though as well surely..

organizers can look at the figures and the risk of outplaying more infrastructure, temp fences around parking areas, more guards etc and just not think it’s worth it and then bam, that’s that over.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

there’s no guarantee..