• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DJuice said:

Jewbacca, you are 1/10 down the road!

All the best for Munga 2024

Ā 

Just now, peetwindhoek said:

Iā€™m with DJuice on this, no need for the BMX (even if it is your size šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‚)

You guys are amazing!Ā 

Ā 

11 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

Iā€™ll be on Capetalk Radio tomorrow at 14:35. I was informed today that my 2 fundraising efforts last year and this year has made me one of the most successful individual fundraisers for the SPCA. This is something that I could not have achieved without the support of all of you guys on the Hub, so i owe each and every one of you who made a contribution a huge thank you.Ā 
Ā 

šŸ¤˜

awesome. well done

On 11/30/2023 at 8:58 AM, Roul said:

Was also thinking about it, given the TT bars on most mtbs... If you a mid pack or not going to win, I would say a mtb with TT bars? If you're at the pointy end then gravel?

Ā 

Just to be a bit different, Nicky (one of the greats) doesn't even have TT bars.

image.jpeg.23adaa7deab0d7a783c994ac9865cc77.jpeg

just to put this in context....

Nicky raced 197 hours and 930km at Adventure Racing World Champs in October. She then won the ladies race at Sani stagger a few weeks after that. Munga was a last minute entry...

18 hours ago, TyronLab said:

I see the 2024 entries are on special until Dec 31st 2023. R20k (a pittance by comparison) gets you on the start line boys and girls!Ā 

Ā 

This is actually a bit worrying to me - are they struggling for entries? Getting the vibe that if this event is on your bucket list don't put it off for too many years....

4 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

This is actually a bit worrying to me - are they struggling for entries? Getting the vibe that if this event is on your bucket list don't put it off for too many years....

I don't think it's a lack of entries, I think it's a cashflow issue (based on zero knowledge, purely an assumption). Lots of people get bonus in December and March, I'm guessing the majority of entries happen then. Might just be an incentive to get the entry numbers up ahead of time and have some cash to work with?

Judging by the WhatsApp group, and how many people already entered for 2024 based on the special, I think this is one of those that has a substantial percentage of repeat riders and not a whole bunch of new faces every year.

Bump to get some support on the drive to get Jewbacca at the start line of the Munga 2024 and raise some funds for our four legged friends.

The early bird entry makes this a viable support effort from the old Hub faithful.

Ā 

3 hours ago, DJuice said:

Bump to get some support on the drive to get Jewbacca at the start line of the Munga 2024 and raise some funds for our four legged friends.

The early bird entry makes this a viable support effort from the old Hub faithful.

Ā 

Sheesh Djuice, I understand Jewbacca is a hairy creature but maybe a bit harsh calling hime four-legged.

21 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I am still on the mailing list from last time...

Ā 

BMX.jpg

The Mungas been done on a ridged single speed but a bmx would be next level.Ā 

Just now, SSCC said:

The Mungas been done on a ridged single speed but a bmx would be next level.Ā 

I've done RASA and a few other bits and pieces on a rigid SS, the 20" wheels and size curve add a few extra challenges.

Help me get to the start and let's see what an average joe idiot BikeHubber can bring to the party!

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I've done RASA and a few other bits and pieces on a rigid SS, the 20" wheels and size curve add a few extra challenges.

Help me get to the start and let's see what an average joe idiot BikeHubber can bring to the party!

Mintsauce can do munga!Ā 

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Mintsauce can do munga!Ā 

Yeah! Definitely.

But only if people help me get there. I'm definitely not in a position to commit to a 20k financial decision that doesn't involve my family.

https://www.backabuddy.co.za/champion/project/guy-mckechnie-5775266972112879795

Spare change welcome!

I will of course encourage heckling and mocking along the way as is only fitting!

Bump

Come on fellow Hubbers, lets support @Jewbacca

I have seen and contributed to a few fund raising efforts on BikeHub to the benefit of complete strangers. This is now the time to support an old faithful.

@Jewbaccais a long time member, contributor and have done his part for various causes and gave us all a laugh along the rode and many to come on his way to Munga 2024.

Our current effort...we are not even at WP1. @Jewbaccacan in all probability wheelie all the way to WP1.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā