[Event] Lions Karoo to Coast MTB

Zandile Meneses

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't done K2C in years and wasn't fit enough but I enjoyed/suffered through it and I was really happy to have suspension on the downhills. Took it real easy, stopped often and even helped out with a few mechanicals. We were very lucky with the weather.

I rode quite far back so there was alot of e-bikes passing us, wonder if some of them ran out of battery?

As always a nice race, I'll (hopefully a fitter and leaner version) be back! 

6 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

So basically hardtail mtb is the best of both worlds for this event.

Or a gravel bike with some MTB (2.1) tires...

But it think it mostly depends on the current condition of the roads.

Edited by hansolo

10 hours ago, JM Rides Bikes said:

It was my first K2C too. It was a tough ride but loved every bit of it! 

I can concur wrt the rocky terrain, I rode it with a @Titan Racing Bikes Switch Gravel bike. Descending was rough! haha biggest issue on my side were my Vitoria terreno dry tyres 38c. You definitely want a grippier tyre with higher volume and more tread.

Looking at Maxxis Rambler or Kenda Booster Pro 700cx40c for my next gravel race

Terreno Dry will be my training tyre.

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-22 at 22.31.38.jpeg

I can recommend the Kenda Booster Pro 700x40 I have a set of them fitted to robust wtb rims and pro 4 hubs. I've raced and bikepacked all over the western-cape and they my go to tire. 

6 minutes ago, halfjack said:

I can recommend the Kenda Booster Pro 700x40 I have a set of them fitted to robust wtb rims and pro 4 hubs. I've raced and bikepacked all over the western-cape and they my go to tire. 

Thanks for the feedback! I and yet to get that specific spec but I have the 29er 2.2 and love them for all gravel and general trail riding.