[Event] King Price Race to the Sea

Faces Advendurance

Hi All

I was too late to arrange a driver this yr, do any of you know if its safe to leave ones car at the start on that field next to the monument? or should I skip this option? I can get a shuttle from the finish back to the start. Thanks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jackb said:

Hi All

I was too late to arrange a driver this yr, do any of you know if its safe to leave ones car at the start on that field next to the monument? or should I skip this option? I can get a shuttle from the finish back to the start. Thanks

I was thinking of stopping in Main Road as you enter town somewhere in front of a coffee shop instead of on the field. Sommer warm up that few kms through town to the start line.

Can't really ask for a better day than this! Just spare some matches for that final 50km...

Ride forecast for 31 Aug 2024 at 07:10:

Temperature: 12.7°C to 25°C, feels like 11.1°C to 27.1°C

Wind: 3.7 to 13.9 km/h, with gusts up to 22.3 km/h

Probability of precipitation: 0%

Screenshot_20240828_091039_WhatsApp.jpg.3543a0be56058778b3cdd6ed96bcacb3.jpg

3 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Small touch I really like about this race. OK, this year just the ribbon not the actual medal - but still, gives each person something to aim for, not just the podium contenders
image.png.9b78df7ffb2b366eac7bee3386bc8d2c.png

I like this as well. Would like or even more of it was the actual medal that was different and not the ribbon. 

DNS for me as Jonah’s flu gogga broke through my defenses. This fever is making my head feel like an old bruised watermelon. Staying over in Franschoek last night makes for a new adventure without two wheels and some family quality time.

Have a great ride, Peeps! 🫵🏽

IMG_9010.jpeg

That was fun! And much faster than expected.. Even managed to klap four beers and exchange some stories at the finish line before making it back to Wellington in time for the Bokke game!