Well… at least Bukehub can see who are using their lunch break wisely! 😂😂😂

This is not that kind of site!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Downloads in donnington England.. do you mean hellfest in France.? I went to download and hellfest in 2011 and then hellfest again in 2013.. Europe festivals are something special man..😍

Ja man those festivals are on a different level. Was download in Paris at some air force base. Was 2018 or 2019. 

21 minutes ago, Pieter1 said:

Ja man those festivals are on a different level. Was download in Paris at some air force base. Was 2018 or 2019. 

Oh you’re right, it’s on the same weekend but in France.. I didn’t know that.!😳.. 

haha you say Air Force base and I immediately think Woodstock 99🤣🤣🤣 what a disaster that was.😰

8 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Oh you’re right, it’s on the same weekend but in France.. I didn’t know that.!😳.. 

haha you say Air Force base and I immediately think Woodstock 99🤣🤣🤣 what a disaster that was.😰

Hahahaha! Some mornings it felt like there was a Woodstock in my head. 

1 hour ago, Pieter1 said:

Hahahaha! Some mornings it felt like there was a Woodstock in my head. 

Oh mate, Sunday mornings at festivals were always difficult.! 

but it usually meant we broke out the Amsterdam maximator for breakfast.. it was either 9 or 12% beer.. 🤣🤣🤣 I can’t remember which..🤦‍♂️😭

On 1/17/2024 at 1:07 PM, betaboy said:

Tried calling SRAM local distributor, I get an automated message that they closed between 1 and 2? Is this a Slap Stad thingy?

The key here is the word distributor, i.e: they are not end-user facing.

So sticking to working hours is cool, the answering service tells you what you need to know.

we seem to have forgotten the boundaries of doing business 

All by the book as far as I am concerned.

46 minutes ago, Milosh said:

So sticking to working hours is cool, the answering service tells you what you need to know.

As a person I can have boundaries, and so can a business.. message me after hours or during my lunch, which luckily is whenever I want, and you ain’t going to get a response..🤣🤣 I also might live in joburg but I am Cape Town born and bred.. 🥳🤘🏻🤣

1 hour ago, Milosh said:

Milosh gets it. 

How a business wants to conduct their business is, well, their business. Yes, it may impact me, but that's my stuff to deal with. If that doesn't suit me, then I can choose to take my business elsewhere. There are always choices. So, quite a bit like life really.

2 hours ago, Milosh said:

I don't call CCS looking for stock, my bikeshop would. Since bikeshops are definitely open during lunch hour, I'm surprised a large distributor would be closed for lunchhours as they are likely to get those obscure stock queries during this time.  I doubt notcool heat are closed then.

but hey, your business, run it like you want to.

8 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I don't call CCS looking for stock, my bikeshop would. Since bikeshops are definitely open during lunch hour, I'm surprised a large distributor would be closed for lunchhours as they are likely to get those obscure stock queries during this time.  I doubt notcool heat are closed then.

but hey, your business, run it like you want to.

Don't most bike shops have a rep they call .... Quite a few of these 'agencies' also have B2B sites to check stock and order as well

But as always don't mind me, just shouting out random thoughts 😝

I don't recall, ever, going into a bike shop, and wait while they call the dealer/distributor for a query. Usually they will call me back during the day, with stock availability and price.

4 hours ago, Milosh said:

you should work in retail and see the requests you get.

Things like "why arent you open on christmas day, I wanted buy my wife a car" or "can I come on sunday to see your cars"

We forget that the people working at these places are human.

3 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

you should work in retail and see the requests you get.

Things like "why arent you open on christmas day, I wanted buy my wife a car" or "can I come on sunday to see your cars"

We forget that the people working at these places are human.

Mate.! I am the customer care/after sales person in my business, among doing almost everything else.!🤣🤣 December 2022 I was asked if I could drop off a holster at the airport between 11:30 and 12:15 Christmas Day.. this year people wanted to collect orders Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.. 😰 

I get WA messages 24/7.. I very occasionally get spoken to in not so nice ways and then those people find out very quickly that I co own the business and their orders will get cancelled and refunded f@$king quickly.. 🤣🤣

People suck man.. but then again, most of my customers f@$king rule.!