Main and Keep Win Maiden Cape Town Cycle Tour Titles

News bot

Kent Main and Tiffany Keep were worthy winners of the 46th edition of the Cape Town Cycle Tour. Main slipped off the front of a select group, inside the final 5 kilometres and time trialled to the line. While in the women’s race Keep edged out S’annara Grove with a bike throw on the line to claim victory by a tyre’s width after a fiercely contested sprint. The men’s race started with bang. The pace was frenetic with Jaco van Dyk making the first attempted breakaway. Once the Honeycomb Pro Cycling rider was caught a group of six launched clear. They […]

View full article

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Great to see Luke Moir in 5th after breaking a leg in January!

Was his ankle and that turn around time from injury was spectacular... What a performance against some serious big hitters.

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Great to see Luke Moir in 5th after breaking a leg in January!

I thought Luke was 3rd

Men’s Results Kent Main: RKC Collective (2:31:21) Charlie Aldridge: Cannondale Factory Racing (2:31:35 | +14) Alan Hatherly: Cannondale Factory Racing (2:31:36 | +15) Jaco Venter: MadMacs (2:31:36 | +15) Luke Moir: Cube Factory Racing XC (2:31:36 | +15)

12 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

3 XCO racers in the top 5

yeah, I think I'll train exclusively on the MTB from now on 🤣

54 minutes ago, Jbr said:

yeah, I think I'll train exclusively on the MTB from now on 🤣

Tried it... still s*** 😂

Im keen to see that photo finish of the ladies race anyone!? Look waaay to close to call from Geralds commentary box...

Who wrote this?

Spelling and language errors aside, some facts are just plain wrong and in places contradicting. Terlouw unable to follow, resulting in a lead group containing Terlouw? For real. This after saying that Terlouw was in the early break and was the last survivor with Loubser. No he wasn't, that was Geldenhuys. At this point we're just drawing names out of a hat...

2 hours ago, babse said:

Look waaay to close to call from Geralds commentary box...

Even with the best view and plenty of time to analyse Gerald still makes up his own stories.

"This break of 5 is working so well together."
Uhm, what race are you watching? First off, there's six in the break. Second, Geldenhuys is staying at the back and the others are having words and trying to force him through / attacking him. I was tempted to mute them, but it's like watching a car crash and I wanted to know if they will ever figure out what's happening right in front of their screens. They did not, and they were so confused when Dan "broke the cohesion" of the break. :lol: