Temu for cycling goods

1 minute ago, Scott roy said:

You won’t regret the Oakley’s. They’re fantastic. 

I just love Oakley.. these photochrome sutro are to replace my regular lenses sutro and I have the flight jacket with prizm lenses that I will rotate between.. wanted a photochrome pair for those early starts.. otherwise the flight jacket are just epic and would use those for everything if they came in photochrome.. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bichael Dewing said:

How are the photochemical lenses from them.? I was back and forth of getting from Temu but I just bought Oakley sutro.. 

did I f$&k up.? Are the lenses good.?

I have oakley photochromic x 2 pairs

Bought pair of scvcn brand off temu photochromic for like R187 and they don't darken instantly, but also not too slow. 

Very comfy too. 

Build quality not thee best but decent. 

Only concern is if the lenses  break in a crash... Do they shatter or snap into small shards etc to hurt ur eyes

2 minutes ago, MajG said:

I have oakley photochromic x 2 pairs

Bought pair of scvcn brand off temu photochromic for like R187 and they don't darken instantly, but also not too slow. 

Very comfy too. 

Build quality not thee best but decent. 

Only concern is if the lenses  break in a crash... Do they shatter or snap into small shards etc to hurt ur eyes

Yeah I wasn’t convinced I was going to receive a good product from Temu.. that scvcn is what kept popping up.. stuck to what I know to be solid🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Yeah I wasn’t convinced I was going to receive a good product from Temu.. that scvcn is what kept popping up.. stuck to what I know to be solid🤷🏼‍♂️

I was OK to risk the R187

And it's not bad at all, but it's not superior over the oakleys

4 minutes ago, MajG said:

I was OK to risk the R187

And it's not bad at all, but it's not superior over the oakleys

Oakley are great, they just consistantly solid.. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ChrisF said:

They make it sound like the tax is something new to target Temu etc. There have always been that tax on clothing good, Temu, Shein etc just wasn't declaring it correctly, so this was bound to happen. One of the main reasons I've always tried to avoid bringing clothing into the country, unless you willing to pay the tax and then VAT

23 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

PPE though is 0% tax

Can confirm as my butchers maille vest was classified as PPE went through customs without a phonecall

Wasn't impressed with the courier company. Threw the Temu package over the fence, then left. Saw it a bit later on the lawn.

1 hour ago, Martin PJ said:

Wasn't impressed with the courier company. Threw the Temu package over the fence, then left. Saw it a bit later on the lawn.

Buffalo style, at least you got it today and not temurrow.🤭

Got a the tool to remove the a DT Swiss 350 lock ring  for sub R200 and a few other goodies. All in all R350ish, paid R70 rax and had the parcel in less than 10 days from order.

First time buying from and was a lot more pleasent experience than aliexpress/fleabay.

And more than happy with the tool quality

3 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Decided to try one of the Ryet Temu saddles. 3d printed top with carbon fibre base and rails. So far so good.

IMG_5450.mov

1AF96216-DE14-4B55-AA4B-5FC5E8DB7B3C.jpeg

Hopefully that saddle holds up better than their rims. Seatpost suppository