the unofficial UCI Mountain Bike World Cup thread

nathrix

how or why do XCC points count towards XCO overall if XCC has its own world cup title?

Im guessing XCO points dont count towards XCC?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite enjoyed the broadcasts without commentary but it was nice to have it back for the men's race. Staylive is fairly shite though. Casting to my android box didn't work properly perhaps because of bad internet but even on a good day I get buffering and audio and video sync issues.

Edited by Headshot

A World Cup race weekend consists of an XCC and XCO both of which have their own points table.

XCC starts with 250 pts for a win, with points awarded down to 30th that count towards the XCC world cup overall title.

xco starts with 250 pts for a win down to 60th or thereabouts.

for XCO there are transferable XCC points available, 80 for 1st, 60 for 2nd , 50 for third and down the table to the 20th place.

why that is is due to a rules revision that created a separate XCC World Cup and champs.

So yeah , Because of the potential transferable points in the XCC , Alan hasn’t quite wrapped it up yet. 

Edited by DieselnDust
Correction to XCC points

5 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

That what I thought too when I did the arithmetic that was eventually confirmed by the updated points table with Alan 259 pts clear of Koretzky with only 250 available for a win and 0 for dnf but he commentators were on about VK having a mathematical chance. So either their arithmetic didn’t arith or the XCC plays a part with 30pts available for a XCC win and 20pts for second. 
i thought the XCC pts didn’t count toward the XCO points table but apparently its does hence the mathematical chance for VK. Checking through the rule book to clarify as I have not seen Alan announce of his insta feed that the overall is wrapped up and they didn’t have a ceremony for it after the race

From cyclingnews.com:

Hatherly's fight back to second place, despite dropping around 30 positions mid-race due to the flat, helped strengthen his position at the head of the overall series ahead of the final round in Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada, which runs from October 4-6.

The South African leads the standings with 1378 points, 259 points ahead of the now second-placed Koretzky and 293 points ahead of Colombo. With 330 points up for grabs in the final round, the pair are the only two with a chance of moving Hatherly away from that top spot overall.

19 minutes ago, splat said:

From cyclingnews.com:

Hatherly's fight back to second place, despite dropping around 30 positions mid-race due to the flat, helped strengthen his position at the head of the overall series ahead of the final round in Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada, which runs from October 4-6.

The South African leads the standings with 1378 points, 259 points ahead of the now second-placed Koretzky and 293 points ahead of Colombo. With 330 points up for grabs in the final round, the pair are the only two with a chance of moving Hatherly away from that top spot overall.

Thanks for this post. I see it’s 80 transferable posts for the win not 30. I clearly looked at the wrong column😂

13 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I watched religiously until last year .... This year I think I've watched one, after the fact and that's about it. Just check the results now 

I don't jump through hoops to watch .....

Even when I do catch it, its like really bleh. Am ashamed, even went back to DSTV so I could watch. 

9 hours ago, W@nted said:

Is Nino retiring at the end of this season?

Wouldnt be a bad idea. 

Said with all respect due. 

That track did in quite a few tyres. Seems they were running rather low pressures and burping them off in the bike park section berms. There was a slow mo shot of Allan's rear tyre looking very squirmy. 

The U23 races were a poor showcase for the sport and track. Real low budget coverage that hardly showed any angles and made do with the bare minimum of cameras. Should they even bother if that's  all they are prepared to do? 

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

That track did in quite a few tyres. Seems they were running rather low pressures and burping them off in the bike park section berms. There was a slow mo shot of Allan's rear tyre looking very squirmy. 

The U23 races were a poor showcase for the sport and track. Real low budget coverage that hardly showed any angles and made do with the bare minimum of cameras. Should they even bother if that's  all they are prepared to do? 

The U23 category may fall away in 2026….

Hi @Action_Man

What is the plan for next year? Candice will be registered as a Federation Rider which comes with numerous limitations in terms of accessibility to support in the tech zone etc. Is the plan to accept an offer from a trade team or continue as a privateer  Federation Rider?

WHOOP UCI MOUNTAIN BIKE WORLD SERIES 2025 CALENDAR:

Round 1 / April 3-6: Araxá - Minas Gerais, Brazil (UCI Cross-country World Cup)
Round 2 / April 10-12: Araxá - Minas Gerais, Brazil (UCI Cross-country World Cup)

Round 3 / May 9-11: Pietra Ligure – Finale Outdoor Region, Italy (UCI Enduro World Cup)
Round 4 / May 16-18: Enduro Trails - Bielsko-Biała, Poland (UCI Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 5 / May 23-25: Nové Město Na Moravě, Czechia (UCI Cross-country World Cup)
Round 6 / May 30-June 1: Loudenvielle-Peyragudes, France (UCI Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 7 / June 5-8: Saalfelden Leogang - Salzburgerland, Austria (UCI Cross-country, Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 8 / June 20-22: Val di Sole – Trentino, Italy (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)

Round 9 / June 27-29: Val di Fassa - Trentino, Italy (UCI Enduro World Cup)
Round 10 / July 3-6: La Thuile – Valle d’Aosta, Italy (UCI Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 11 / July 9-13: Pal Arinsal - Andorra (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)
Round 12 / August 21-31: Haute-Savoie, France (UCI Cross-country, Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 13 / September 18-21: Bike Kingdom - Lenzerheide, Switzerland (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)
Round 14 / October 3-5: Lake Placid Olympic Region, New York, USA (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)
Round 15 / October 9-12: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)

On 9/30/2024 at 9:24 PM, DJuice said:

I`m not a Nino fan but he had three flats.

https://en.brujulabike.com/nino-schurter-3-punctures-separete-fight-overall-world-cup/

I know how much you love Maxxis.

I Admit GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

WHOOP UCI MOUNTAIN BIKE WORLD SERIES 2025 CALENDAR:

Round 1 / April 3-6: Araxá - Minas Gerais, Brazil (UCI Cross-country World Cup)
Round 2 / April 10-12: Araxá - Minas Gerais, Brazil (UCI Cross-country World Cup)

Round 3 / May 9-11: Pietra Ligure – Finale Outdoor Region, Italy (UCI Enduro World Cup)
Round 4 / May 16-18: Enduro Trails - Bielsko-Biała, Poland (UCI Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 5 / May 23-25: Nové Město Na Moravě, Czechia (UCI Cross-country World Cup)
Round 6 / May 30-June 1: Loudenvielle-Peyragudes, France (UCI Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 7 / June 5-8: Saalfelden Leogang - Salzburgerland, Austria (UCI Cross-country, Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 8 / June 20-22: Val di Sole – Trentino, Italy (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)

Round 9 / June 27-29: Val di Fassa - Trentino, Italy (UCI Enduro World Cup)
Round 10 / July 3-6: La Thuile – Valle d’Aosta, Italy (UCI Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 11 / July 9-13: Pal Arinsal - Andorra (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)
Round 12 / August 21-31: Haute-Savoie, France (UCI Cross-country, Downhill and Enduro World Cup)
Round 13 / September 18-21: Bike Kingdom - Lenzerheide, Switzerland (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)
Round 14 / October 3-5: Lake Placid Olympic Region, New York, USA (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)
Round 15 / October 9-12: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)

No SA. Grrr