Dizzyness day after race or long ride

Strange question, has anyone experienced dizziness/ vertigo the day after a race (40 km) mnt bike or after a long ride.  It's now happened for the second time, and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong🙃.  Saturday after race was all good, yesterday and today dizzy.  TIA for any advice

Maybe you should try to identify if it's a blood pressure LOW or a sugar LOW.

Some folk react to a sugar high (race day) and then have a bad sugar low the day after but that is more of a fatigue, not dizziness. It is termed reactive hypoglycemia.

Do you take adequate rehydration solutions for 18 hours after a race. A mixed solution next to the bed helps if you wake thirsty in the middle of the night. 

Also are you eating sufficiently (protein) shortly after a long ride to help you recharge the energy levels

Edited by robbybzgo
More info...

I would go see a doctor to rule out other things that may be more serious. 

From my own experience, Exercise Associated Postural Hypotension could be the issue. Mild dehydration causes low blood volume. When the legs stop working that are not forcing blood back up to kop and the low blood volume causes dizziness. Lie down with legs up and drink a bunch more if that is the case. I have stumbled away from a few finish lines

I had vertigo after my race on Saturday but had half the red dust from the track in my sinuses and put it down to that 🤷‍♀️ 

I get postural hypotension after heavy training too. A beer exacerbates it because ethanol is a vasodilator.

Previous commentary about getting medical advice on forums applies. If I'm ever worried about something my friendly gp is my go to

eat and drink well post ride or event 

dont forget to drink water or a sports formulated drink 

check weight the am post event or ride...maybe you have properly rehydrated post ride...its happens to us at times

avoid heavy and rich foods if possible...

check bp am post event 

Could be any range of things from dehydration to something with diet/nutrition.

Go for a checkup at your doctor, preferably one with a good knowledge/specialty in sport. 
Will do the necessary tests and you’ll have a better idea than anything here.

Where are you ?

Excellent Dr in Durbanville for these things - Evert Bouwer

Hopefully just a pre-, mid and post race nutritian thing.  Not worth risking it though

I once suffered from the above. I awoke one morning and sat up and I suddenly felt as though I was on a boat plunging over a large wave. It felt as though the floor, in front of me, was falling away and I felt instantly nauseous.

Someone did indicate to me what to do (as in the video above) and it came right. I did repeat the manoeuvre the next day as I still had a mild vertigo effect.

I've never had a problem after that but it really can't be described as simple dizziness. The vertigo effect can feel very violent.

Edited by robbybzgo
Spelling