Better-priced alternative to Park Tool ds-1 scale, but with DOUBLE hook?

Zebra

Anyone know of a better-priced alternative to Park Tool ds-1 scale, but with DOUBLE hook?

Around R1600 for the (very nice) Park Tool hanging scale; Marko and others have fairly accurate hanging scales for just R300-600, most with a SINGLE hook; i could fabricate a kind of double hook, but keen to hear collective wisdom if there is a more-affordable double-hooked scale.

a bit of research on accuracy shows me very little difference between high-end and budget.

thanks, Chris

Edited by Zebra
Clarity.

they are just fish scales with parktool branding on them.

Seriously. go to the bait and tackle shop and buy a fish scale then some 4mm stainless rod bend to requirement and some 4mm fish tank tubing and bob's ya uncle

I purchased a Luggage/Fishing scale upto 50kg from Temu. Works well and accurate I have used it several times no issues for R75 I didn't expect much but i was surprised. 

23 hours ago, Barry said:

I purchased a Luggage/Fishing scale upto 50kg from Temu. Works well and accurate I have used it several times no issues for R75 I didn't expect much but i was surprised. 

the lighter it measures the better :ph34r:

On 7/28/2024 at 8:43 AM, Zebra said:

Anyone know of a better-priced alternative to Park Tool ds-1 scale, but with DOUBLE hook?

Around R1600 for the (very nice) Park Tool hanging scale; Marko and others have fairly accurate hanging scales for just R300-600, most with a SINGLE hook; i could fabricate a kind of double hook, but keen to hear collective wisdom if there is a more-affordable double-hooked scale.

a bit of research on accuracy shows me very little difference between high-end and budget.

thanks, Chris

single hook fishing/luggage scale hooked under the front of the saddle works as easily in my experience

Appreciated, thanks - I believe i have found a park Tool scale a t VERY fair value (thanks, Prince Albert Cycles - past customer of mine, too!), so am now going that route.

thanks all, hopefully now sorted!

Chris