Vuelta 2024 - Dispara los salchichas!

Shebeen

2 hours ago, Irvin85 said:

He came across as a complete tool in the Netflix docu. 

More of a tool than Pidcock?

Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into a Netflix doc. I've watched a couple of other youtube vids with him in and he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke. (Tristan is mates with him, so obviously he'll show him in a good light, but the point stands).

I'll be rooting for him, just because it's nice to see an underdog come right (much the same reason I rooted for Kuss last year).

Edited by MongooseMan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I know quite a few are comparing it to Kuss winning it last year, but that was different as Decathlon do not have the top3 riders there.

This could be more like JAP having yellow, and then unexpectedly holding onto it deep into the tour. 

well, at least we know Decathlon won't be beating each other up.

10 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

More of a tool than Pidcock?

Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into a Netflix doc. I've watched a couple of other youtube vids with him in and he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke. (Tristan is mates with him, so obviously he'll show him in a good light, but the point stands).

I'll be rooting for him, just because it's nice to see an underdog come right (much the same reason I rooted for Kuss last year).

Yeah i actually dislike the extra drama added in these documentaries making okes out to be chjops when its not the case...

I watch and judge with caution.

23 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Start was inside a Supermarket today....

Not a joke:
(Not on Supersport yet, so had to see via Social media)

Imagine they started in a Checkers. The whole peleton would still be standing there waiting for an open till

Was he pictured as a tool in the netflix docu ? I remember him being an athlete having a hard time to step down from his Leaders role to Domestique, but then eventually enjoying helping Gall and not having the pressure anymore. Definitely not on a same level as Pidcock ? I think he was just being a champ and willing to hold on/fulfill his leaders role until it was obvious he was not number 1 anymore, can't expect it to be easy for them to step down. 

38 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Was he pictured as a tool in the netflix docu ? I remember him being an athlete having a hard time to step down from his Leaders role to Domestique, but then eventually enjoying helping Gall and not having the pressure anymore. Definitely not on a same level as Pidcock ? I think he was just being a champ and willing to hold on/fulfill his leaders role until it was obvious he was not number 1 anymore, can't expect it to be easy for them to step down. 

That argument can be applied to Pidcock as well. For me he did, when Felix had some success he was more pissed off than supportive or happy for his team mate. "Being a Champ" is not all about winning. 

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

I think he's probably a nice dude and one hell of a rider, but based entirely on that documentary he came across as very emotionally immature and a bit scattershot/unfocussed in the interviews. Perhaps he was under quite a bit of stress, but because of that it's hard to picture him calmly marshaling his troupes for the next 2 weeks. I hope he proves me wrong. 

I would enjoy a beer with Pidcock about as much as I would David Warner.

interesting tactics from Bora today.  Didnt make much sense.  massive energy for 6 seconds at the top?  I thinks they are scrambling a bit.  this weekend will be interesting

6 hours ago, babse said:

Yeah i actually dislike the extra drama added in these documentaries making okes out to be chjops when its not the case...

I watch and judge with caution.

They are trying to push a narrative. the first one created massive conflict in the Vizma team. I dont put stock in these docs...  after a few episodes of the first season I didnt bother watching further.  I take my sport without a side of soap opera, thank you.

4 hours ago, NickGM said:

I would enjoy a beer with Pidcock about as much as I would David Warner.

It would need to be a cup of tea... he doesn't drink beer, alcohol in general or coffee.... 😜

Most of what we see/read is blown up clickbait. I'm loath to have any sort of emotional yay or nay for any of these guys.

But yeah, David Warner..... that guy can eat a giant bag of pickled dicks

14 hours ago, Maniax said:

interesting tactics from Bora today.  Didnt make much sense.  massive energy for 6 seconds at the top?  I thinks they are scrambling a bit.  this weekend will be interesting

Labeled Knuckleheads by Chris Horner.  my thoughts exactly.

Another minute chipped off the lead from Roglic. 

Recon as long as he stays upright he will continue chipping away and added bonus seconds he probably win it on the TT. 

Should be a cracker just seeing roglic stay on the bike 😂

Ben’s biggest challenge is to end on the podium in 2 weeks, not win the race. Being an endurance climber whose profile is not suited to 15% gradient goat paths which is a common feature at the Vuelta, he must try to stay in his own rhythm and pace, and not follow Primož and other punchier GC rivals. Regardless, he became a dad in the European summer and his incredible heist of the red jersey are probable two of his biggest achievements in life.

After dropping 40+ seconds to the race favourite yesterday, today’s stage will reveal quite a bit of Ben’s ability to stay with one foot on the podium.

UAE has an opportunity to win all the Grand Tours in 2024 after Vlisma’s achieved this feat in 2023. However the team is far less potent without the charismatic Pogačar and is struggling with battle-weary personnel. 
Mas is looking sharp and is currently the last man on the wheel of the feisty Roglič.

Today is in the Sierra Nevada mountains where many altitude training camps are organised. It’s gonna be a dramatic battle amongst the mountain goats before the rest day.

Edited by 'Dale

39 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Ben’s biggest challenge is to end on the podium in 2 weeks, not win the race. Being an endurance climber whose profile is not suited to 15% gradient goat paths which is a common feature at the Vuelta, he must try to stay in his own rhythm and pace, and not follow Primož and other punchier GC rivals. Regardless, he became a dad in the European summer and his incredible heist of the red jersey are probable two of his biggest achievements in life.

smart money is still on Rog to come a 4 time winner and Mas a 4 time bridesmaid.

image.png.ad668cb3ad390d5997045a2a46871291.png