Time Trial Stats

Jean-Jay

Not a useful number ... better to compare power to weight ratios. "average" cyclist ... open to interpretation.

Bottom line ... if you have a P/W ratio above 5.0 you are more likely to be on a bike at the moment in your sponsors kit than chatting on the Internet.

I'd give my left you no what for that kinda power ratio !!Confused

Do tell... what was your p/w ?

I'll bet you are close to 5w/kg when in form (Robby was at 350w and 70kg last year at the tours)

I WISH!!!!!!! not even close

5Watts /kg from Robbie is very impressive!!!!!

I've only just started working with a powermeter so I'm learning every day.

I started using after a 3 week rest , so My whole December was slow Base training.

I had Bruce test me one afternoon. But I was stupid ....as I'd done a 4.5 hour ride that morning , so wasn't feeling all that sharp. I also battled to get used to putting my bike on a stationary trainer for the test....so it didn't feel normal to me , but i'll get use to it.

That day I rode a 20min TT but only managed around 4.1W/kg DeadOuch

I'm keen to do another test in about 2 weeks time after a couple of interval sessions and a race or two! Evil%20SmileEvil%20Smile

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michelle!!!! You guys back?  Wheres Jason?  Need to give the man some shyte....  Maybe the board will liven up a bit, spidey and DR tried, but to no avail.

BikeMax: Any idea what sort of ratio the pro ladies are pushing?

That's a tough one - when Cashandra was down recently she was climbing at ~310w but I am not sure how much she weighs ..

One of the local girls who is not far off this standard is around 4 w/kg at threshold - so maybe ~4.5w/kg ?

Not a useful number ... better to compare power to weight ratios. "average" cyclist ... open to interpretation.

Bottom line ... if you have a P/W ratio above 5.0 you are more likely to be on a bike at the moment in your sponsors kit than chatting on the Internet.

I'd give my left you no what for that kinda power ratio !!Confused

Do tell... what was your p/w ?

I'll bet you are close to 5w/kg when in form (Robby was at 350w and 70kg last year at the tours)

I WISH!!!!!!! not even close

5Watts /kg from Robbie is very impressive!!!!!

I've only just started working with a powermeter so I'm learning every day.

I started using after a 3 week rest ' date=' so My whole December was slow Base training.

I had Bruce test me one afternoon. But I was stupid ....as I'd done a 4.5 hour ride that morning , so wasn't feeling all that sharp. I also battled to get used to putting my bike on a stationary trainer for the test....so it didn't feel normal to me , but i'll get use to it.

That day I rode a 20min TT but only managed around 4.1W/kg DeadOuch

I'm keen to do another test in about 2 weeks time after a couple of interval sessions and a race or two! Evil%20SmileEvil%20Smile

[/quote']

A period of slow base will certainly have seen a drop off in FTP but I would also say that as somebody who does not ride trainer all that much, you can expect to lose up to 10% as a result of testing indoors. I would find a gradual climb of 20 mins or better still, go out and ride your 60 min TT route as hard as you can on the road bike - that will give you a real figure.

There is no way that even now, you are at 4.1w/kg for 20 mins - no need to get fit for the test but make sure you do it on the road  - that is where you do most of your training and as such that is where you need to key your zones from.

Guest Michelle

ewep: Hey there.. we're alive Tongue  He's working working working.. will let him know that he's being missed Wink  Hope you've been training hard! Big%20smile

Guest Michelle
BikeMax: Oh my word... I'm going to have to lose 10% body weight & increase my power by around 20%  Shocked Confused  Is that even possible? 

Thanks BikeMax!

Will be starting some TT sessions very shortly!!!

Starting to feel beter about all this powertraining....Did a 3min climb yesterday at an average of 6.625W/kg..so Im getting there......  slooooooowlySmile

Thanks BikeMax!

Will be starting some TT sessions very shortly!!!

Starting to feel beter about all this powertraining....Did a 3min climb yesterday at an average of 6.625W/kg..so Im getting there......  slooooooowlySmile

That's pretty serious - have a crack at a 5 min climb and let me know how you do..

Once you hit 7w/kg for 5 mins then give up your day job...although over 5.9w/kg for 5 mins is Cat 1 std and will see you doing plenty of damage Wink

BikeMax: Oh my word... I'm going to have to lose 10% body weight & increase my power by around 20%  Shocked Confused  Is that even possible? 

Of course you can do that - just give it time and train at the right levels - and make very ride count.

Plenty of 2 x 20 at 95-100% FTP or 3 x 15 etc..

Just keep steady and consistent and keep pushing and the break throughs will come Big%20smile

Of course you can do that - just give it time and train at the right levels - and make very ride count.

Plenty of 2 x 20 at 95-100% FTP or 3 x 15 etc..

Just keep steady and consistent and keep pushing and the break throughs will come Big%20smile

BikeMax....QUOTE  "make every ride count"ClapClap 

A good motto to Live and train by...

Did a 3min climb yesterday at an average of 6.625W/kg..so Im getting there......

looks like i wasted my money on my license!

i am starting to think that it would be best for me to just enter the races in the open cats & enjoy the scenery.

Did a 3min climb yesterday at an average of 6.625W/kg..so Im getting there......

looks like i wasted my money on my license!

i am starting to think that it would be best for me to just enter the races in the open cats & enjoy the scenery.

Marco Vb has also just baught a powermeter ...so I think after I've seen his stats I'll be thinking like you.....Confused

Marco Vb has also just baught a powermeter ...so I think after I've seen his stats I'll be thinking like you.....Confused

ok,   thanks for the tip

- time to dust off the fly-fishing rods & start spending my saturdays & sundays on the vaal or in dullstroom again!  (excellent - i can even start consuming vast quantities of draught again - really do miss ice cold stella from the tap!)

Don't stress Doc, me and you can race each other for last place! people might even start betting on it, at least it might be an even contest that could go either way with the loser buying the Stella!

ok' date='   thanks for the tip

- time to dust off the fly-fishing rods & start spending my saturdays & sundays on the vaal or in dullstroom again!  (excellent - i can even start consuming vast quantities of draught again - really do miss ice cold stella from the tap!)

[/quote']

LOL

Not looking forward to seeing marco's numbers, I think I'll also be in the market for a fishing rod!!