My Favourite road

EdoardoBianchi

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jip...i'm from Worcester - It's on the Brandwacht/Panorama side (you can get there from both sides) 

Oh...and on the road bike i have to agree with Klappit - Swaarmoed is my favourite too!

Are you insane ?

I think it all depends on what time of the day you ride these climbs. My recollection of Swaarmoed was after 180km on the DC and it was about 11am and 40 degrees !

I hate that damn climb ! smiley19.gif

Oh...and on the road bike i have to agree with Klappit - Swaarmoed is my favourite too!

Are you insane ?
I think it all depends on what time of the day you ride these climbs. My recollection of Swaarmoed was after 180km on the DC and it was about 11am and 40 degrees !
I hate that damn climb ! smiley19.gif

Aaah, I to have fond memories of this day, I really enjoyed it.

My favourite is the climb coming back from the shop side on Breedtsnek.

5.6 km climb that gains 350 m in altitude.

Bloody tough, but immensely satisfying once you've conquered it.

20070327_082418_breedts.JPG

My favourite is sweating it out around Graskop. Don't get there often but love the scenery and the ride.

Oh and you capies have some seriously great scenery and rides.

At home I enjoy going through the trees and Henley on Klip is great and of couse the Suikerbos Reserve, especially when you get to see animals.

My favourite road/track

Was riding yesterday on the toll-road between Harties and Pta with a massive headwind and hated every moment of it. Got me thinking of my favourite section of road. Kinda hard to pin it down' date=' but here goes?

Road: Nelmapius road in Centurion where it passes through the dip just before the dairy farm. Love the old oak trees, the mist rising from the stream and the early morning smells (mostly cattle excretions, but let?s not get into that?). The bad surface gives it a bit of a Roubaix feel. Best experienced between 05:00 & 06:00 in the morning.

Gravel road: Swartberg Pass direction Prince Albert -> Oudtshoorn. The view from the [false'] top back over the hairpins is fantastic, especially when you know you?ve earned it.

20070326_105238_100_6317a.JPG

That is so cool! That area of SA is very beautiful that for sure! Clap

Ja ja Bertus' date=' ek moet eers vir my 'n mtb aanskaf[/quote']

EK wil ook nou 'n MTB koop. Waarna kyk jy?

...helshoogte(stellenbosch)' date=' franschhoek pass, another one at grabouw (dono the name) and then sir lowry's pass...[/quote']

4 passes in a single ride? That's just plain unfair. *sulk*

Has anyone been through Baviaanskloof on a mtb? It seems to feature strongly on the 4x4/BMW GS forums as a must-do destination...

About 3 years ago I road up Sani Pass, there was still snow on the top part of the pass and it was absolutely beautiful. I have foto's somewhere will try find them.

I would actually like to go do that again sometime.

About 3 years ago I road up Sani Pass' date=' there was still snow on the top part of the pass and it was absolutely beautiful. I have foto's somewhere will try find them.

[/quote']

When you say 'rode' do you mean cycle?

Must have been awesome

[quote=wolverine

When you say 'rode' do you mean cycle?

Must have been awesome

Yip Cycle 

I wasn't even riding properly then, I think I had just started to look into it.

I was very unfit so we had to go very early to make sure we get to the top and back before the border post closes in the afternoon.

I admit I did most of it walking up but down was scary and fast and by the time we got to the end I thought I was going to cry and I couldn't hold on the the handle bars anymore.

But that said it was an absolutely awesome experience and I really wana do it again. And I'd probably ride most of it this time.

I agree, Sani is right up there (pardon the pun). Sounds like the plan to tar it is going ahead, so getta get there before its too late...

PS: PLEASE post the pics, I'd love to see it...

About 3 years ago I road up Sani Pass' date=' there was still snow on the top part of the pass and it was absolutely beautiful. I have foto's somewhere will try find them.

[/quote']

PLEASE lemme know when you planning on going, amateur!!! it's on my to-do list!