Our new website is live!

Brandon Els

Nice site' date=' just a pitty the bikes look great but don't ride great[/quote']

According to the Raleigh advert perhaps you should blame the experts in the field like Malcolm Lange and Mannie Heymans who had a hand in the bike's components and design.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of guys give up when they find the two D's

What? You can't MTB after you've found Dungeons and Dragons? Which two "D's"?

Dop en Does

Right. Funny, I woulda figured those would be an incentive. Maybe only I think like thatBig%20smile

I have 2 friends who had both the team bikes and between the 2 of them they went through 5 of them in 3 months, 1 cracked 2 and the 3rd had a paint defect, the other had a crack and when they replaced it he traded it for a Giant. I must say the Raleigh is one of the sexiest bikes out there

Mr. Harry, 26 out of 900 2007 Raleigh carbon frames have cosmetic cracks caused by the frame being baked at an incorrect temperature. I will be dealing with this on my blog at www.raleigh.co.za Warranty frames are available and they are new top of the range Deda frames.

When Cervelo recalled all their P2's and a Supercycling presenter cracked his Specialized during the Epic I hardly heard a beep which tells me that the number of Raleigh's being sold is a real concern in certain quarters.

We suspect that there in total 50 frames with this problem out of the 900 sold. Please call me directly on 083 458 5552 if you or any of your friends did not get the Tavulo Uno replacement frame.

The most awesome thing though is this new technology and forums like the hub that puts the power in the hands of the consumer - as it should be. If you read my blog this week you will notice that Raleigh will in future open all sources of supply, vendors, assembly plants etc. I would welcome a move in the same direction by all brands of "superior" quality.

I don't really see the issue here . I have cracked 3 frames and every time got replaced the same week . And all my friends thing I got money coming outta my ears as I ride a new frame every few months . Unfortunately my last frame is going for 18 months now and only got scratches .

Hey Brandon, from what I hear You and the powers that be in Probike/Raleigh would give anything to own the rights to Specialized in R.S.A ,so if I were You I wouldn't go around badmouthing their products! Compare apples with apples and not apples with pears! The day Raleigh gets it right to produce a sub 8kg dual suspension MTB then You can talk as big as You like! Specialized have the good reputation they do because of the huge amount of R&D that go into their products. Specialized is one of only 2 Bike manufacturers in the world to have their own wind tunnel and various forms of stress testing equipment. What R&D gets done at Raleigh, may I ask?    

Ghost, trying to win arguments on the hub is not why I post on the hub and certainly not to score points. Its to provide info on issues relating to Raleigh. I am honoured that you registered on the hub just to reply to me. All our R&D is done by Deda who we have outsourced our frame design too. At this stage I believe they supply 3 - 5 TdF teams and have a design and testing centre outside Milan.

In mentioning the Specialized that failed in the Cape-Epic I was drawing attention to the selective criticism that is metered out at times and not to the quality of Specialized product.

It would be great to see more Specialized on our roads and trails.

Guest Big H

Brandon.... does the Raleigh Kinesis framed Tandem have the same dropouts as the Omega Venturo Kinesis frame. I have two of these Kinesis frames. One in Road Tandem and the other in MTB. The MTB is with us in Nigeria now. Both has the same replaceable dropout. I tried to scource one from Omega when they were still around. I even tried Western Cycles as the Road Tandem was rumoured to come from them. I manufactured a dropout myself for the road tandem but need a replacement dropout for the Tandem we have in Nigeria. I can scan and email the dropout to you.

Regards

H

Brandon, many people in SA have no clue. You have a product will sells at a price which is affordable. And which is sold at bike shops who would really like to sell your product, but because they so far up so people you know what's that they can.

I heard a shop owner telling a guy the other morning to take his bike back to where he bought from because there is a problem with them. But there was nothing wrong with his bike.

Keep them coming chap.

Good Luck

I have absolutely no problem with Raleigh as they provide Good Quality Bikes and Products at a price that is affordable to the average cyclist. Without Raleigh there would be a huge gap in the market that no one else could fill. I am glad You made it clear to eveyone on this forum that your products are researched and tested as many consumers are unaware of this just as Obie 1 mentioned.

I for one, think that it would be great if Probike got the Specialized brand. Then at least we will see it reach it's true potential in South Africa. They at least have the Budget and the experience to see it through to its rightful place in this country.

From the developers:

Willehond - the problem with the large images not displaying was an IE6 issue which is now fixed.

letrinus emmer - thanks for the note on the spelling of triathlon.... we fixed this in the drop down menu for technology and the content page itself.

Napalm - we haven't experienced any problems with the large banner image in Firefox, it may have just been your connection at the time.

narra - your question about the CMS we're using.... we built the website from the ground up - written in PHP using a MySQL database. There was no pre-existing software.