#numbercollectionsmustfall : PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Spinnekop

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would require a scanner at each batch entry point, how will this affect the entry costs and what about those without chips, with proof of entry whats to stop someone printing 5 copies and handing 4 to his mates. 

This is a problem now.

Photocopiers exist.  Some people print their own numbers now for various reasons, and some people use last year's number.

I am starting a petition: I am not good at writing, please help with first section:

"We the cyclists/runners are forced to drive countless kilometers to some shops in order to collect race numbers not even packs anymore, it is costly and generates unnecessary carbon emissions, in modern society we live in a digital world, lets make this happen to save our planet and the sport. lets get 1 race number valid for your life or let us print our own."

I was under the impression that runners that belong to a running club had yearly numbers.

I haven't done a running race in a while, though.

The solutions are simple, CSA's motivation to implement is lacking.....

As CPT Jack Sparrow sort of said. "The problem is not the problem, their attitude about the problem is the problem"

I was under the impression that runners that belong to a running club had yearly numbers.

I haven't done a running race in a while, though.

You get a yearly licence number. this goes on the back, most runners will sew it on. 

each race gets a paper number, this you clip onto the front.

unregistered runners need a temporary licence, as well as the race number.

The race organisers could quite easily track the number of people who have "collected" their number electronically. They would simply need a place on their website where you log in and press the "download race number" button and then you can print it out. It should be given as an option when signing up for a race that you want to either download or collect your race number. They could even offer you a R5 or R10 discount for downloading your race number (I know that is stretching it a bit!)

I agree .I missed entry to Berge en Dale .There is no way i am driving from PTA twice in 3 days to go register or pick up a registration anyway .So no race ,will do something else .Asg missed out on R400 . 

I agree .I missed entry to Berge en Dale .There is no way i am driving from PTA twice in 3 days to go register or pick up a registration anyway .So no race ,will do something else .Asg missed out on R400 . 

Exactly same for me.

Don't know why you're all complaining. I haven't raced with a number for the last few races. No one stops you and checks, and let's be honest, you know your batch and a number means very little. My chip is on the bike.

Had no problems since. And no wasting time to fetch cream samples and a piece of paper.

This is a problem now.

Photocopiers exist.  Some people print their own numbers now for various reasons, and some people use last year's number.

Not really a problem. Do it like PPA. Evry one gets a fixed plastic number to use for the year with your start batch already printed on this number. 

If you would like to be reseeded you need to apply for a reseeding and a new number would be send to you.

The morning of the race you get an event sticker at sign on and put this onto the back number.

Works well in CPT why cant it work in Gauteng.

Not really a problem. Do it like PPA. Evry one gets a fixed plastic number to use for the year with your start batch already printed on this number. 

If you would like to be reseeded you need to apply for a reseeding and a new number would be send to you.

The morning of the race you get an event sticker at sign on and put this onto the back number.

Works well in CPT why cant it work in Gauteng.

Same reason our provincial champs are the weekend after the Argus.

Archived