Unwritten rules of The Hub

Mecnic

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So bar ends are made for road bikes then? :huh:

Just like lycra is for roadies and no real MTBer will be found dead in lycra? Except on raceday, group rides, night rides, social rides with roadies and oh, when all your baggies (1 pair) is in the wash. B)

And don't forget, real MTBers don't shave their legs. :D

Dude bar ends on riser bars will never be RIGHT! They look stoopid and people will point and laugh ..... get over it!

Trolls have to register and comply with the following prior to requesting permission to starting or replying to threads:

1. Certified copy of ID book clearly showing a recent photo and current residential address.

2. Fill out form DD1T – Request to voice an opinion.

3. Promise not to collaborate with each other with regards to repeating the same topic in any form i.e. disguised with another topic heading or with the same heading.

:D

My telepathy is off - so tell me where you are.

Amen to this one - the amount of times I've posted: "XYZ, where are you based..."

To be honest, I don't know why I need to know that - since I seldom buy anything.

Oh wait - I remember - if it's something I want real bad, and the person is based in Khazakstan or Benoni (as opposed to down here in Mountain Tax land), then I can justify my heartache at not trying to get it since I can convince myself that the Post Office (and their ability to lose/damage/destroy) parts/bicyles is the only reason I couldn't get what I craved... ;)

Delusional behaviour rocks.

Oh -and just to come full circle on this...

Unwritten Hub Rule 36A: "Thou shalt be polite by answering thou fellow Hubbers who enquired 'where art thou based'"...

You are gay if you wear lycra booties. And if you wear it on a MTB, you like "playing" with your sister.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude bar ends on riser bars will never be RIGHT! They look stoopid and people will point and laugh ..... get over it!

Rule 178

Never admit when you are wrong, simply state new understanding :D

Riserbar = good with trail bikes and ou oomies who want comfort rather that style

Bar ends go with flat bar (but not if you are weight weenie or seriaaaas podium contender)

Riser bar + Bar ends = Not cool

You understand now? :blink:

Any explanation after this will be entirely "new" understanding. Hub rule 179

All lady members should post their pictures on the HUB! ;)

Said pictures must be nekkid on the couch... and remember to state where you are based.

FFS! I posted a pic of my bike (on the couch). Cant believe I wasnt ripped to shreds about my bars. Better go check out the for sale section.