The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many bikes in our house, blondie is now riding my old Trek, and the redhead has a push scooter that she enjoys more than the bike I bought her.

flip velo - that is an awesome pic!

as an aside - what amount of time do you have the little people on the back of the back with you ?

how do you manage them staying hydrated and the bladders empty ?

My daughter can't last a few minutes without falling asleep:

post-1099-091833800 1285085099.jpg

Where is her rudy projects.

Slowbee the little oke is now 9 months but he's off the charts massive for his age. You will find a myriad of opposing comments on the www on when you can and can't put them in a trailer, as long as you're not hitting the jumps and drops yours should be ready soon. You are welcome to swing by and give the trailer a go, I've also bought an iBert "Safety Seat" which goes on the front of the bike and is an awesome product but I had to import it and it was expensive compared to rear mounted seats. I was fairly torn between which to get and ended up with both, gumtree will do that to you. The sprog loves the iBert as he can see what's going on and can interact with you and you can ride singletrack (within reason!) but they are fairly exposed to sun and wind and the oke caught a cold the last time I took him for a spin, much to his mothers' delight. If you take a tumble things can get nasty as well, you don't have to be that careful with the trailer. They can doss better in the trailer as well and have toys / bottles / snacks in there. Again, you are welcome to borrow or try them out and decide for yourself.

Edited by XTC1

They can doss better in the trailer as well and have toys / bottles / snacks in there. Again, you are welcome to borrow or try them out and decide for yourself.

Was wondering where that fookin Barney came from that caused me to crash.

Gumtree, some dodgy oke in Tableview... Best option other than that is probably CRC. As I said to Slowbee as well you are welcome to give it a go before committing to buying one.

Here's a pic of the iBert Safety seat which is now a permanent fixture on my old bike. Awesome product, I looked around everywhere but in the end had to import it off the Take2 website. Check the little one literally and figuratively chewing into my wallet.

post-3611-033158900 1285149678.jpg

Here's a pic of the iBert Safety seat which is now a permanent fixture on my old bike. Awesome product, I looked around everywhere but in the end had to import it off the Take2 website. Check the little one literally and figuratively chewing into my wallet.

i saw the ibert on a website somewhere else the other day. how easy does it ride? can you bend down and grab a waterbottle without hassles?