The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

Hi Ratty,

I had a look on CRC and the same trailer as yours will be R2200(incl postage to SA). Did you pay any duties, tax etc. upon delivery of the trailer?

Regards

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ratty,

I had a look on CRC and the same trailer as yours will be R2200(incl postage to SA). Did you pay any duties, tax etc. upon delivery of the trailer?

Regards

I did buy mine a while back so prices probably gone up since then, it also depends on the rand/pound. I also didn't pay postage as I joined a group order so free shipping.

I paid +- 15% tax on it, but no import duty.

I also bought the add-on to turn it into a stroller. Well worth the money unless you already have one of those fancy 3 wheeler strollers. The trailer is great for walking in all weather and goes off road easily.

Edited by Ratty

I got the JD Bug bikes at Sportsman's Warehouse when my kids were just about to get their first bikes. It's the same principle as the KTM Ratty has. They were around R550 bucks 6 years ago, but well worth the money. Eldest spent 3 days living on this and rode a bike without training wheels thereafter.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Hubbers

I'm looking for a secondhand WeeRide child bike seat.

Anybody out there whose child has outgrownt theirs?

Thx

Hi Hubbers

I'm looking for a secondhand WeeRide child bike seat.

Anybody out there whose child has outgrownt theirs?

Thx

Hey LethalDose,

PM WEERIDE and see if he will match Take2's price. I bought mine from www.take2.co.za for a little bit more than half the price of the local supplier. Found out afterwards that WEERIDE was one of the local distributors and he offerred to match the price! Could have had it in a few days, instead I waited a few weeks! It was worth the wait though. Great seat!!

Weeride thread

Edit: Take 2 are now Takealot have a look at Takealot

Edited by Grebel

They open up a whole new world of fun to your riding!!

post-8724-0-35147000-1308062044.jpgpost-8724-0-32680100-1308062109.jpg

Nice bike your son has! :thumbup:

Nice bike your son has! :thumbup:

thanks. it is a silverback eclipse. has been a great bike for him, but it is being tested to the extreme now. i am actually starting to look around for something a little better. Anyone know what the best option for a 6/7 year old would be. Saw a ktm dualie for kids at cyclelab some time ago but not there anymore, besides it was pretty expensive. but would like something a little more "proper mtb" for him soon. Better shock, a few more gears (got 6 on this one). Must say the twist grip gears are a def must for kids and mtb's.

• 2 weeks later...