Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Last setup was a 32x17t on a 26'er .... gets a little tough up the really steep stuff on Table Mountain, so might go 32x18t next time round.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah 26er...

Ok cool, will get a 32t... thanx

Your starting point is 32 x 16 and then play from there to see what ratios work for you on the hills

Before you start spending on different specific SS cogs, you can break and old cassette and experiment with 16t, 18t, 20t etc to find what ratio works best for you.

Gents I am on the look out for a SS specific frame. Let me know if one is up for sale. I need a medium (18 inch)

Gents I am on the look out for a SS specific frame. Let me know if one is up for sale. I need a medium (18 inch)

you dont have to look far 

rock

Ultimate Hubber

• photo-thumb-89.jpg?_r=1395919061
  • Members
  • 5 685 posts
  • Province:Not Selected
  • Locationcape town
  • Cycling Interests:MTB, Road, Commuting

Posted Today, 15:53

pssst.....classy SS frames dropping soon. talk to me.

ok, I'm out before mods ban me for spamming.

700 x 23c Tubeless (in progress)

650b single (in progress)

PM'd

This is how I ride my '91 Kona Cinder Cone as a commuter back in The Netherlands:

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb10789208/p4pb10789208.jpg

And this was my old 24" freestyle mtb I used to do tricks on:

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb11376120/p4pb11376120.jpg

Might aswell share a little action video of me riding this bike when it was green: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/225160/

Just learned that SS is not easy (so used to change to an easy gear going up hills). And the chain needs to be tentioned properly, especially on MTB (stuffed up my home made tentioner big time this afternoon).

Received the last piece of the puzzle today, onone doofer - really enjoying the bike! Frame was a hand me down from my cousin, the 720mm rapide handle bar is an absolute jol !! Now just to decide if I am going to polish the frame, respray it - or leave as is. First upgrade will be disck brakes.

post-35096-0-18543100-1416246436_thumb.jpg

post-35096-0-50090700-1416246454_thumb.jpg

post-35096-0-38264800-1416246855_thumb.jpg

Edited by martinsnyman