Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Hee Hee not your style. Couldn't resist the green nipples arrived for the new wheels. As they say for SS pimp it :thumbup:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hee Hee not your style. Couldn't resist the green nipples arrived for the new wheels. As they say for SS pimp it :thumbup:

Ja I am bit nervous on that bike...but you probably reckon mine handles like a steamboat. Anyhow....pimp it brother!

She looks good and that steel fork looks hot on that frame!

Thanks. There is one or two things i would like to change in future but for now i'm happy with the way she looks.

I would like to change the wheels at some point in time when the budget allows. It's a set of Bontrager Rhythms had lying around, so i used them. I'm in two minds about the brakes. It's a set of Formula K24's. I love them, just wish they were black (or white). Might put my black RX's on the SS and use the K24's on my geared bike.

Hey Flippa

You have just given me an idea thanks

I have the same SS as you and I've never done 94.7 and the same bike twice. So I think it might be the year to go SS Style with the 44/18

Thanks

Opportunity knocked, I could not resist, bought and built yesterday:

post-15591-0-43907500-1348564392_thumb.jpg

Nice Dude , that was fast, one bike in the morning and another in the afternoon , no flies on you .

Happy miles .

demmit, very nice man....how was the first ride

PS where did you get that fork?

Edited by rouxtjie

Thanks gents!

@Iron, I build faster than I ride :)

@rouxtjie - Iron tired me out in the am, so have not had much of a ride, first proper ride will be Winterton. As for the fork, it came off my previous bike, seems like there's some demand for them.

@rouxtjie - Iron tired me out in the am, so have not had much of a ride, first proper ride will be Winterton. As for the fork, it came off my previous bike, seems like there's some demand for them.

Sweet, I have the carbon and extremely happy, but the steel could be nice alternative / backup. They are hard to source hey, hold on to yours!

build version v4.0 of my Kona Colin McRae limited edition. Thought it needed more blue for worlds, so took the fork lowers off to the local panelbeater and got lucky dip with whatever was getting sprayed in blue this week.

The short history of this bike is that it was found abandoned near a london tube station at 2am. No lock, no front wheel, broken saddle post. I gave it a new home.post-1830-0-77544700-1348639620_thumb.jpg

post-1830-0-93075000-1348639622_thumb.jpg

I threw on a half-link chain a few months ago and so far so good, it has stretched but not enough to be a problem. Have got the tensioner in a packet just incase.