Supercycling...

Dennis the Menace

You are complaining about a program like Supercycling????..... my vriend jy kla met 'n witbrood onder die arm!!!!!!!!We are sitting in Nigeria where there are NO organised cycling..... no streets to cycle in and a sport like cycling that does not even exist due to the unsafe roads and streets due to criminal activities.

I was watching Supercycling just a few minutes ago and there was not even sound on DSTV!!!!!! I watched young people enjoy BMX riding, I watched the Amashova being ridden in clean streets that are not riddled by potholes.

Nee wat Dennis ek dink jy is 'n poepol om te kla want jy besef nie wat julle daar in SA het nie!!!!!!!!

Well then you are obviously not doing your job properly. I was under the impression that you are involved in the construction/maintaining of roads.

Btw, how do you cycling "in" a street?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this Supercycling thing? Get home to late plus I get all the cycling info I need from the web.

I watch Supercycling when I get a chance. Must admit though that it does get mind numbingly boring at times. Thank goodness for PVR. I don't have to sit through the gum flapping session that seems to happen on every show. Not to mention the sad attempts at "humour"... :blink:

Edited by Grebel

what I think, not that I watch the show, don't have DSTV, is that it does a lot for beginners. But unfortunately it has stagnated at that.

MiWay mtb - much better, mtb specific and they actually do something for the sport with their halfmarathons, unlike superPricefixing

Who's Petrus Malherbe?

Swinn Factory sponsored rider in Western Cape- regular podium finisher!!! Very good rider!!!

MiWay mtb - much better, mtb specific and they actually do something for the sport with their halfmarathons, unlike superPricefixing

I actually hate MiWay Mtb- It causes my list of to-do races to stretch to infinity and beyond... at this rate, one life time isnt enough :thumbup:

If the programme is that bad, don't watch it. :blink:

It's nice to pvr it and ffwd when Owen opens his mouth, but I just loved the sprint they showed for the Race for Victory when the MTN rider beat two Medscheme dudes to the line.

I never get to see what happens at the front of races,being on the road long after them so it's cool to watch the show every now and again.

Edited by Fester

I think it's a fair observation.

Definitely appears to be much less hype about the show and discussions here hardly ever stem from issues raised there. Could be that miway mtb has diluted it a bit, but i agree that its stagnated to a big extent. the race coverage is normally very very boring.

start-the usual suspects

mid way-mini break here and there

finish-and there's the sprint

never ever get a feeling of the story of the race, don't have a clue on leads,gaps at all.maybe some graphics would help.

Die werfbobbejaan (op 'n fiets) skree na hy iets doer ver sien....... Brand!!!! Brand!!!! Brand!!!!! die werfhoenner se vir hom dit is nie 'n brand nie maar 'n stofstorm..... die werfbobbejaan skree .... Wind!!! Wind !!!! Wind!!!!

....... lyk my daar is baie bobbejane in Gaberone??????... anners hoe sal jy weet daar in die gopse????? ..... en dalk 'n paar seemeeue daar by julle bootklub daar by die dorpsdam????? ....... was so paar keer in julle dorpie toe ek Kopfontein reggemaak het vir julle sodat julle bietjie beskawing toe kan kom.

would you like cheese with that?

I actually hate MiWay Mtb- It causes my list of to-do races to stretch to infinity and beyond... at this rate, one life time isnt enough :thumbup:

Me too.

After watching the segment on Rhodes my wife announced that we are going there next year.

I hate climbing.

Nothing wrong with Super cycling, I never miss it. Love the profiling on the top performers they started. It doesn't matter if it is a profile on a track cyclist, BMX'er or what ever, it's interesting to see what the stars do away from cycling. They sometimes have a little bit too much MTB coverage

Watched Pedal talk a couple of times and the commentator hardly ever get the cyclists names right

Ag

I watch it when I get home.Its local and supports local cycling so that a plus.

I dont care about the Cyclelab connection

I have bought quite a few bikes from Gary at Westlake and he is cool.Always got a good deal.

Was in 4 ways on Sat and cruised the shop.Donovan from Northcliff is now there and extremely helpful

Don't get SABC so cant comment on their program,but if its about local cycling I say support it

:blink: I watched the repeat on Wed afternoon - I do, in fact,prefer to watch SABC's news at 7!

Not too bad an edition this week but some rather rusty material. I get the impression that they are having difficulty finding material, especially when BMXing from 6 year old right through to elites is shown!

Was a bit surprised to hear a proper cyclist like Andrew giving his support to the CSA's peculiar attitude to elite cyclists in SA. He did mumble that bit though so perhaps he wasn't really supportive but needing browny points!

Dennis, difficult to get an assessment from this lot -don't think you got the feedback you wanted???

No-one has said it yet, or maybe I'm the only one who thinks so...

Andrew McLean (there, I said it!) is a poephol.