Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Wow, didn't see this coming. Still hard to believe he won't be riding for 2 years. Time to hand in the the old pistolero for deactivation?

[Edit] Eldron's post is more or less exactly what I expected. Just an empty ruling with no real effect for AC or the people making a truckload of cash out of him.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LA walks. AC is 'guilty' but will probably continue to race. Business as usual. Schleck gets a hollow tour win he probably doesn't deserve. No good news here.

His ban ends only 6 months after the decision to ban him for 2 years was made. Flippin crazy.

He'll appeal the CAS decision by the time that ends his ban will be over anyway - how fooked is THAT.

Anyone know if he's allowed to keep riding until his CAS appeal is heard? If he his allowed to ride then his nett ban will be ZERO (apart from the initial few months)... Makes the CSA look like uber efficient wundermenchen.

which brings me to my point on the lance thread... UCI is the worst thing to ever happen to cycling. They refuse to touch their moneymakers

Wow, didn't see this coming. Still hard to believe he won't be riding for 2 years. Time to hand in the the old pistolero for deactivation?

[Edit] Eldron's post is more or less exactly what I expected. Just an empty ruling with no real effect for AC or the people making a truckload of cash out of him.

The only REAL sanction will be not riding the 2012 TdF. Take drugs and win a tour - then get bust and miss a tour. If someone offered me those terms I'd probably also dope (and I'm rather staunchly anti doping).

Kinda makes a mockery of an anti doping system that already lacks any form of credibility...

Good ! where there is smoke there is fire . to make good he should return all his winnings he earned too.

which brings me to my point on the lance thread... UCI is the worst thing to ever happen to cycling. They refuse to touch their moneymakers

Agreed! Personally I think the the UCI is much like the CSA - self righteous protectors of their own little mafia universe. Sadly it's the by product of any "political" organisation - UCI/CSA are effectively small ANC/NPs...

So, a 6 month ban then ... not very punitive, is it?

He still loses his 2010 TdF win and do you think any teams will sign him in 2013?

He still loses his 2010 TdF win and do you think any teams will sign him in 2013?

He also loses his Giro title, every single team will want to sign him.

That is sucks...what about Cavendish who missed a doping test?

Oh well...atleast Andy got his jersey which he deserved!