Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

Whats up with the complete lack of marked signposts at Van Gaalens? For non regulars you basically have to follow any path you find and hope to see a sign lying on the ground every 50km.

It forces you to be social and ride with regulars who know the best routes. Also provides drinking buddies for after the ride

:thumbup:

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You weren't going fast enough. Lol

Cut it short. Mons hurt her leg in a mishap

hey... at least you got to go like a demon hell bent for leather down Oom Piets!!!!

hey... at least you got to go like a demon hell bent for leather down Oom Piets!!!!

It was fun :)

Oom Piets was flowing nicely this morning...

...with Sidewinder's skin

:lol:

(heal up soon bud. ;) )

• 1 month later...

Par the Ladies Day, which covered no new routes, I haven't been to VG in almost 2 months ...WORK!!! :wacko:

If any of you guys have ridden the new routes or have snapped a couple pics while out there, please share on this thread and the Fan page

https://www.facebook.com/VanGaalenMountainBikingTrails

the way things are going I'll probably only get to ride in August again.. :thumbdown:

Thanks

For those of you who haven't yet ridden Van Gaalens, here is a taste of what you can expect! MTB Awesomeness....

Gonna hit Van Gaalens for the first time on Sunday around Midday. Are there set routes or how does it work? Any recommendations from the regulars? Hoping to do a good 3 to 4 hour ride.

Gonna hit Van Gaalens for the first time on Sunday around Midday. Are there set routes or how does it work? Any recommendations from the regulars? Hoping to do a good 3 to 4 hour ride.

Eish is someone going with you that knows the place?...if not best you download a gpx or two