Formula 1...

'Dale

To be fair to GR, he had one helluva race. He performed brilliantly, and showed his class with those overtaking maneuvers of his.

Yes, the Merc is a solid car. But, yet again, Bottas was left behind.

IMO he's a talent, he's always been an excellent driver in a kaaaaaaaak car. Other racers have repeatedly sung his praises as one to watch. He delivered. In spades.

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, if Bottas can beat him in an equal car, then we know Vettel, Max, Leclerc, Norris, Kimi, Russel would beat him if they swopped cars.

Updated. 

To be fair to GR, he had one helluva race. He performed brilliantly, and showed his class with those overtaking maneuvers of his.

Yes, the Merc is a solid car. But, yet again, Bottas was left behind.

IMO he's a talent, he's always been an excellent driver in a kaaaaaaaak car. Other racers have repeatedly sung his praises as one to watch. He delivered. In spades.

Bottas getting dropped was no fault of his, if it wasn’t for Mercedes screwing up both tyre changes the final laps may well have turned out to be a good race between GR and VB.

No offense to GR abilities, but this result just shows that any F1 driver could win with the right car

I think Lewis would have still won that race.

I believe he would have challenged / turned down the “box box” request from the team with 15 laps to go. One, he would have been managing his tyres really well to the end and two, he is well known to challenge the teams calls and often overrides them when they suggesting risky options.

This is what makes LH a 7 times champ, yes the car is great but this race showed again that it’s not just about the car. You have to get it across the line first.

A great drive by GR and a known super talent. He’s got a bright future and today some school fees were paid.

GR just showed everyone that LH is not as good as his fan boys make him out to be and it simply is all about the car and the team. The one race I actually want the Merc to win, they go and stuff it up six love. Give GR a few more races in that car to get used to it and he will be even better. I mean, he was asking the team where was the overtake button on the steering wheel and how much curb can he take. I really hope the vegan oke is not well enough to race this weekend and Merc make right by GR and give him the support he deserves and not stuff up the simplest of thing like giving the guys the correct tyres.

I felt bad for MV, he was a passenger in that accident.

Perez, WOW he stepped up.

End of the day, remove LH and F1 is exciting. Anyone know what viewership was like? 

MICK SCHUMACHER WORLD CHAMP!!!!! wow what an awesome 2 races as a whole. The sprint race was proper exciting and then I was stressing big time when MS cooked his tyres and changed them. Illot had also obviously pushed his tyres over the limit. I started asking Schwartsman to step up but that never happened, he is another Bottas. F2 is a lot more exciting IMHO. Imagine a 2021 F1 without LH and F2 with such close racing again.

GR just showed everyone that LH is not as good as his fan boys make him out to be and it simply is all about the car and the team.

End of the day, remove LH and F1 is exciting.

Huh??

GR just showed everyone that LH is not as good as his fan boys make him out to be and it simply is all about the car and the team. The one race I actually want the Merc to win, they go and stuff it up six love. Give GR a few more races in that car to get used to it and he will be even better. I mean, he was asking the team where was the overtake button on the steering wheel and how much curb can he take. I really hope the vegan oke is not well enough to race this weekend and Merc make right by GR and give him the support he deserves and not stuff up the simplest of thing like giving the guys the correct tyres.

I felt bad for MV, he was a passenger in that accident.

Perez, WOW he stepped up.

End of the day, remove LH and F1 is exciting. Anyone know what viewership was like? 

MICK SCHUMACHER WORLD CHAMP!!!!! wow what an awesome 2 races as a whole. The sprint race was proper exciting and then I was stressing big time when MS cooked his tyres and changed them. Illot had also obviously pushed his tyres over the limit. I started asking Schwartsman to step up but that never happened, he is another Bottas. F2 is a lot more exciting IMHO. Imagine a 2021 F1 without LH and F2 with such close racing again.

I normally just watch the highlights of Qualifying and the Race Highlights on sunday night...

This weekend, I followed all the way from FP1 and followed every moment of the main race.

We watch sport for the unpredictability of it. If the results are a foregone conclusion, people will most likely move their attention to a more competitive sport.

Did anyone else see the irony in Aitken crashing Russll's car to bring out the yellow flags which resulted in Russell not winning.

Could have been from a movie script!

Scary to think how much faster Russel would be than Bottas if he had a month setting up the car, getting to know steering wheel, clutch bite point. I mean, first time using the Merc finger clutch and he annihilates Bottas who has been doing it for years.

Then he builds a 10 second buffer on Bottas, where on a normal circuit which is longer and more place for time gain on lap, would have been closer to 20/25 seconds. 

Again, Russel was not really able to over rule the team thats given him the drive for the weekend unlike Lewis would be able to do. 

I dont see a 44.8 million pound difference between George and Lewis in the same car. Pretty sure its going to make contract negotiations interesting with Hamilton possibly taking a hiatus is 2021.

Scary to think how much faster Russel would be than Bottas if he had a month setting up the car, getting to know steering wheel, clutch bite point. I mean, first time using the Merc finger clutch and he annihilates Bottas who has been doing it for years.

Then he builds a 10 second buffer on Bottas, where on a normal circuit which is longer and more place for time gain on lap, would have been closer to 20/25 seconds.

Again, Russel was not really able to over rule the team thats given him the drive for the weekend unlike Lewis would be able to do.

I dont see a 44.8 million pound difference between George and Lewis in the same car. Pretty sure its going to make contract negotiations interesting with Hamilton possibly taking a hiatus is 2021.

Maybe LH will switch teams to see/show if he can win in another car and then claim “the greatest” title?

Shoes a size too small, sitting up way higher than anyone else in the cockpit (which is actually good for vision, it must be said) and a seat that needed constant settling to feel anywhere near comfortable.

8 second gap to Bottas after first round of stops, carving from 5th to 2nd after that abortion of a pit stop, then from what, 14th? To almost catching Bottas AGAIN, and scoring points.

Yes, the car is good. But Bottas has shown he can't do that, in exactly the same car.

IMO it shows what a class act Russel actually is.

I really don't want to see bottas leave, cause I think he's good and I like him

But was the same deal with Brendon Hartley unfortunately

Maybe LH will switch teams to see/show if he can win in another car and then claim “the greatest” title?

Think thats the reason for his break next year, see what manufacturer is fastest in 2022 Reg and next 4 years. Rather than signing 2 years for Merc.