Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So looks like the FIA will be having a relook into Vettels brain fart. 

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-vettel-fia-investigation-ferrari-924519/

Possibly further sanctions? The fact that has has defended his actions and not apologized is going to make this worse.

The way this seasons championship race has been going, the championship decider could probably go down to the last race. If Vettel hadn't done what he did and got a 10 sec penalty, he would have won the race. So he has already thrown 13 points away. That would have given him a 27 point lead over Hamilton.

As a lifelong Ferrari fan, I'm therefore a bit torn. What Vettel did was inexcusable, and probably deserves greater punishment. 

Since the can of worms is open...  :ph34r:

I know a lot has been said afterwards and I was completely baffled. What I could see on Sunday, there was a deceleration from Hamilton at a somewhat silly place. I do not believe it was on purpose. Due to being a bit anxious about the restart after Perez pressure during the previous restart, Seb was close to Hamster and maybe did not notice the deceleration. He definitely did not expect it, that much can be said.

Touched the back, lost a bit of nose, the whole story. 

He then pulls up and starts gesticulating. External footage makes it look as he drove into Hamilton. Look at the Vettel onboard footage - he did not even have (either of) his hands on the wheel. 

So in my mind, both the Hamilton deceleration and the Vettel bump was non-intentional and all of this is being blown out of proportion. 

So yes, it was a bit overly emotional from Vettel. But then, here we are complaining day in and day out that there is no real emotions in F1 any more. 

And I mean seriously - sending a radio message to the world querying the validity of the punishment...?! That's just BS. That's like a soccer playing gesticulating to the ref he must give a yellow card. (Another pet peeve of mine.)

Since the can of worms is open...  :ph34r:

I know a lot has been said afterwards and I was completely baffled. What I could see on Sunday, there was a deceleration from Hamilton at a somewhat silly place. I do not believe it was on purpose. Due to being a bit anxious about the restart after Perez pressure during the previous restart, Seb was close to Hamster and maybe did not notice the deceleration. He definitely did not expect it, that much can be said.

Touched the back, lost a bit of nose, the whole story. 

He then pulls up and starts gesticulating. External footage makes it look as he drove into Hamilton. Look at the Vettel onboard footage - he did not even have (either of) his hands on the wheel. 

So in my mind, both the Hamilton deceleration and the Vettel bump was non-intentional and all of this is being blown out of proportion. 

So yes, it was a bit overly emotional from Vettel. But then, here we are complaining day in and day out that there is no real emotions in F1 any more. 

And I mean seriously - sending a radio message to the world querying the validity of the punishment...?! That's just BS. That's like a soccer playing gesticulating to the ref he must give a yellow card. (Another pet peeve of mine.)

Lets be honest the idiot (Shamilton) bitched about the safety car being too slow only to decelerate from 91kmh to 38kmh.

Vettel only hit him because of having his hands off the wheel and not keeping the wheel angle in focus, not like he turned into Hamilton.

This is all being blown out of proportion because of the Merc headrest failure. If Hamilton had cruised to a win we wouldn't be hearing all of this crap.

The FIA investigation may be targeting a drive through sanction against Hamilton. That's what all the big F1 pundits are speculating anyway.

So tired of that smug Pom

Lets be honest the idiot (Shamilton) bitched about the safety car being too slow only to decelerate from 91kmh to 38kmh.

Vettel only hit him because of having his hands off the wheel and not keeping the wheel angle in focus, not like he turned into Hamilton.

This is all being blown out of proportion because of the Merc headrest failure. If Hamilton had cruised to a win we wouldn't be hearing all of this crap.

The FIA investigation may be targeting a drive through sanction against Hamilton. That's what all the big F1 pundits are speculating anyway.

So tired of that smug Pom

I like Poms, I dont like people with diamond ear rings and nose studs.

Was also recently reminded that this isn't a once off incident for Hamilton. Remembered when he backed one of the Red Bulls up, intentionally, at a pit stop.

He got a drive through penalty and telemetry was the same.

FIA needs more consistency.......

In my gradual cleaning up operation from my box of memories at my parents place I found these - carefully cut out from my old Polistil box in the '80s when I was big into slotcar racing.  I think the plan was to one day have enough track to build each one.....

Las Vegas seems pretty interesting.....

post-15215-0-68445900-1499321038_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bugger the Maygregor farse, the real fight club is between Ocon and Perez. They are not doing their team any favours with their constant coming together on the track. Yesterdays clash heading into Eau Rouge was scary.

• 2 weeks later...

Ocon needs to box clever, knowing the recent history I think he put himself in harms way at Spa.

Only read this now and I must disagree. Perez is driving like a prized chop. Big chip on his shoulder, probably thinks he is better than his teammate because he spend one year in a top tier car when really he was a place holder for Bottas.

Ocon saw a gap and took it, Perez closed it unnecessarily and caused the situation.

Anyway, they now have team orders pretty much so should get more interesting seeing who gets preference, probably depends on track position or qualifying pace, etc........