Formula 1...

'Dale

Mercededs already don/t provide a PU of equal capability to their customers than they do for their own team. Customers are a generation behind

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercededs already don/t provide a PU of equal capability to their customers than they do for their own team. Customers are a generation behind

Fact or speculation? Genuine question.

maybe Mclaren have the advantage of already having a car that's racey in traffic and now they get A good engine 

I'm just making up scenarios that will hopefully give us An exciting year 

not to mention they now have THE latest of the late brakers in the cockpit too.

PS - probably why they changed brake material supplier for this year lol. RIC probably prefers a certain feel between Carbon Industries, Brembo and Hitco. 

Mcl used to be with Hitco, They are running Brembo this year apparently 

Edited by MORNE

Sho, okes are going to be bleak if Norris beats DR this season..

Imagine people will be bleak and stoked either way

Sho, okes are going to be bleak if Norris beats DR this season..

Well, the pressure is all on Norris imo. He’s hardly a rookie anymore so no more hiding behind that if it goes pear shaped. If he beats Ric, then he is set - because Ric is a known quantity. If he doesnt, he’s another coulthard at best. Norris is defo not a generational talent like VER is, but his ultimate ability is still an unknown.

Excuse the crap pic.

But this puts into perspective how much tighter the new merc PU is...and also possibly scary what kind of shrink wrapping merc can achieve with it.

Edit: Not long now until we go full circle lol. What sidepods?

post-64325-0-46596300-1613579555_thumb.jpeg

post-64325-0-72852400-1613579787_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

Fixed it for you.....

DR is falling in the same category for me now for as DC in the past, consistent but nothing spectacular. 

So yes there's every chance that Lando is going to whip his ar*e.

This is the kind of thinking I like to see! 

DR had a bit of a wobbly when pushed by Max, so hopefully age/wisdom is now on his side and the Mclaren vibe helps. Having two consistent drivers is so crucial as Alex Albon proved last season. 

Even Ocon was hit and miss last year, need to take the 2/3 points when on offer. 

Not strictly F1 but car-related.  Wife was out on a ladies night last night so I watched the Carroll Shelby documentary on Netflix. Well worth watching - I really enjoyed it!

Not strictly F1 but car-related.  Wife was out on a ladies night last night so I watched the Carroll Shelby documentary on Netflix. Well worth watching - I really enjoyed it!

Ford vs Ferrari?

That was a very good movie.