• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

what are your thoughts on this plett rage thingy ?

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/plett-rage-we-are-not-running-a-missionary-station-here-20161207

somehow I dont like the guys attitude, but then he is in it to make money.

but the overall impression I am sure will not sit well with some parents.

Plett rage was awesome..but that was back in the days of The Cave. it wasn't that commercial, there was one big pub/club that could handle the crowds.

The one interesting titbit i remember was that all of a sudden it's all matrics of the same age. but at 17/18 the girls are hangin out with guys 18-20 and the guys are hanging out with girls 16-18 . Just like that one had to change your entire beach/club hookup strategy.

Plett rage was awesome..but that was back in the days of The Cave. it wasn't that commercial, there was one big pub/club that could handle the crowds.

The one interesting titbit i remember was that all of a sudden it's all matrics of the same age. but at 17/18 the girls are hangin out with guys 18-20 and the guys are hanging out with girls 16-18 . Just like that one had to change your entire beach/club hookup strategy.

what was that place with the pool up on the hill where Sudan payed?

what was that place with the pool up on the hill where Sudan payed?

dunno know who Sudan was (they put the bash in al-Bashir?), but ja that's it. was almost like an old hotel with loads of side rooms and stuff. just above the shell garage on the N2.

good times!

one of the very naughty things I did that week was push one of the bouncers in the pool. he was standing next to the edge shouting at some oke on the other side - was just too tempting. luckily no one piemped me because you've never seen a more pissed off oke than an embarrassed roid boytjie in front of that meany young chicks. he would have bliksemed me solidly back to std 8!

Sailing post 2 of 3

remember John Martin/ Bertie Read?

well this is the same singlehanded race, now called the Vendee Globe. Technology has done quite a bit for the format

Sailing Post 3 of 3

RIP Paul Elvstrom

If there's a patron saint of yacht racing, it's probably Elvstrom (b. 1928). His 4 Olympic gold medals, 19 medals at world championships-among these 15 gold medals in 8 different boat types-8 European Championship titles and numerous victories at international events all over the world illustrate this sailmaker, author and designer's unparalleled understanding of the sport.

Elvstrom has shared his immense knowledge of the sport for well over 40 years with his books, articles, and speeches. Simply by being honorable in all his endeavors, he has shown sailors everywhere the importance of sportsmanship. All sailors would be wise to remember his most famous quote: "You haven't won the race, if in winning the race you have lost the respect of your competitors."

preview.png

Sailing post 2 of 3

remember John Martin/ Bertie Read?

well this is the same singlehanded race, now called the Vendee Globe. Technology has done quite a bit for the format

Yeah, those foils on the side do a lot for the stability on a beat! 

dunno know who Sudan was (they put the bash in al-Bashir?), but ja that's it. was almost like an old hotel with loads of side rooms and stuff. just above the shell garage on the N2.

good times!

one of the very naughty things I did that week was push one of the bouncers in the pool. he was standing next to the edge shouting at some oke on the other side - was just too tempting. luckily no one piemped me because you've never seen a more pissed off oke than an embarrassed roid boytjie in front of that meany young chicks. he would have bliksemed me solidly back to std 8!

Sudan - cape town cover band. Big in the 80's and 90's.