I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Much anticipated, both loved and hated.

Simply interesting view of the future.

Taken from the 4x4community forum.

I can believe this will be immensely capable, but it is hond lelik! Land Rover's design department is smoking something serious lately.

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Much anticipated, both loved and hated.

Simply interesting view of the future.

Taken from the 4x4community forum.

As a previous Defender owner, I quite like it. Redesigning an icon was always going to be difficult, and impossible to please everyone. The looks aren't going to be for everyone, and I am on the fence with some of the styling details (especially the front end, but hopefully a bull bar and winch will sort that out). But, there is still a lot that I like about the new one though.

If this thing is as capable and more spacious and comfortable (and more reliable :whistling:) than the old, I'm all for it.

Maybe they should have just retired the Defender name, and called this something else, then there would be less bitching. 

The official reveal is in about an hours time, so will get more details then. 

Why? Just because it looks more modern? I'm pretty damn sure the offroad capabilities wouldn't have suffered one jot. 

Or is it just because you wouldn't think twice about subjecting the previous gen to a bit of rough and tumble, but now you would think thrice before going offroad and all of a sudden have some potential scratches / rock chips?

Bold part. 

Why? Just because it looks more modern? I'm pretty damn sure the offroad capabilities wouldn't have suffered one jot.

Or is it just because you wouldn't think twice about subjecting the previous gen to a bit of rough and tumble, but now you would think thrice before going offroad and all of a sudden have some potential scratches / rock chips?

Looks like a Freelander

Where is the 5 door version?

Looks like a Freelander

Where is the 5 door version?

The initial vehicle will be the 110 (5 door) and then the (90) 3 door as far as i know. It's apparently going to be a whole family of vehicles, just like the previous Defender. Apparently a 130 double cab, a 90 soft top etc. all to follow.

I noticed that the new landrover designs are leaning towards a similar shape to Tata since Tata took them over. 

Reminds me of this..

post-5932-0-07476400-1568101233_thumb.jpg

Wow

My friend is doing this. It's absolute madness. The race clock has been running for 105hrs, she has been on the bike for 96hrs. Less than 10hrs sleep since Saturday.... Currently just out of Ravenswood in QLD, there's not much till Alice Springs in 1800km or so.

Madness