• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna be building my lightie one of these in the next couple of weeks... With a climbing wall as an alternative to get up there. 

It's a hanging loft bed. Going to be anchored into the walls with rawl bolts (2 walls) and then have a chain going to a roof truss for the hanging corner. 

EDIT: Also going to put a ladder in one corner, and give him a railing so he doesn't fall off... he has some weird sleeping positions!

19994eb3902972f9e2160f03d404b0b8.jpg

Edited by Renaissance Man

gonna be building my lightie one of these in the next couple of weeks... With a climbing wall as an alternative to get up there. 

It's a hanging loft bed. Going to be anchored into the walls with rawl bolts (2 walls) and then have a chain going to a roof truss for the hanging corner. 

EDIT: Also going to put a ladder in one corner, and give him a railing so he doesn't fall off... he has some weird sleeping positions!

19994eb3902972f9e2160f03d404b0b8.jpg

Lekker

Just from a father with a youngster on a double bunk ..... the idea of a climbing wall is cool, but in the early hours of the morning with he has a huge wee, that wall will equal frustration or a nice tumble. If you are not going to do a ladder, maybe consider a rope to slide down or climb down with if it is knotted.

Lekker

Just from a father with a youngster on a double bunk ..... the idea of a climbing wall is cool, but in the early hours of the morning with he has a huge wee, that wall will equal frustration or a nice tumble. If you are not going to do a ladder, maybe consider a rope to slide down or climb down with if it is knotted.

Definitely going to do a ladder. And you raise a very valid point re the wee! He's just coming off nappies at night, but he has the metabolism of an i don't know what and finds ways to get more fluid into him...

Some nights no nappy, some nights with nappy. A ladder is critical.

Definitely going to do a ladder. And you raise a very valid point re the wee! He's just coming off nappies at night, but he has the metabolism of an i don't know what and finds ways to get more fluid into him...

Some nights no nappy, some nights with nappy. A ladder is critical.

Also consider the odd occasion where he will fall asleep elsewhere and you have to put him up there yourself.

Also consider the odd occasion where he will fall asleep elsewhere and you have to put him up there yourself.

yep. We have mini-ladders so that's going to be fine. 

Also going to be a desk / play area underneath, and maybe some monkey bars on the underside of the bed :)

Lekker

Or a bucket on the side of the bed? :whistling:  

Creepers. That could have gone very bad.

lucky he wasn't trying to diving into a normal concrete pool with brick paving around it