I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

anyone know where I can get one of those openers? Not that magnetic version just the normal one. Saw an antique Coca Cola one in Hermanus for R700 :eek: . Just the metal bit.

I bought one at BigBlue for like R70 or something not too long ago. Just the silver bit.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know where I can get one of those openers? Not that magnetic version just the normal one. Saw an antique Coca Cola one in Hermanus for R700 :eek: . Just the metal bit.

That one in the gif is a Starrett. I have the same, just the metal bit, with the Pedro's branding on. There's a place in Germiston that sells the stamped versions as opposed to the cast Starrett.

If you PM the_nerd, he'll know.

as I typed that I thought of Yuppiechef. They have the magnetic one for R499. Normal one R199, but out of stock.

Get this...it'll be a bit cheaper...

attachicon.gifG0001684.jpg

I used a Shimano SPD pedal to open a couple of beers on Friday .... nice little trick :P

I used a Shimano SPD pedal to open a couple of beers on Friday .... nice little trick :P

my wife might frown upon having one of those stuck against the wall in the kitchen.

Ja, Egg Beaters would probably bend if used for that purpose...  

my wife might frown upon having one of those stuck against the wall in the kitchen.

I should have added the beers were mid ride ............... a Friday commute home tradition with our group

I should have added the beers were mid ride ............... a Friday commute home tradition with our group

No Strava records recorded, I assume... 

Africa is not for sissies hey

Reminds of a Jurassic Park Movie

'Cyclists chased by an ostrich'

The ostrich isn't chasing them... it's racing them.  They must have beaten his Strava time on 'his' segment of road... :lol:  It a stravasshole ostrich!!

I have a beer fridge under the workbench in the Garage, also have an antique one of those style openers, will mount it during the week and get a photo.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/042014/1399145927_magnetic_bottle_opener.gif

My dad makes those, ones with a catch box or with a magnet... 

My dad makes those, ones with a catch box or with a magnet... 

How much would a magnet one roughly? Got a mate's birthday coming up...