• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm not a sailor, or much of a boat person, I love watching competitive sailing. And somehow I ended up on Sailing Anarchy when looking for more info about America's Cup (in particular that penalty that Team Artemis got against NZ). Quite a cool forum, with lots of insightful people. And some real characters ;)

It is an awesome site, the editor "Mr Clean" really pushes boundaries...which means sometimes they get sued. and then start a crowdfunding campaign to fight it!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2010/08/10/first-marblehead-ceo-sues-sailing-blog-for-nasty-remarks/#1a66e1ee590a

setting the record straight about dan meyers

As many of you know, Daniel Meyers sued Sailing Anarchy and its editors, Alan Block and Scot Tempesta, alleging that a statement made about him on our front page was false and damaging to his reputation.  While we never intended our statement to be understood as a statement of fact, nor did we intend to ever harm Mr. Meyers reputation, we understand that some may have taken it that way.  Our comment was mean-spirited, insulting, and unnecessary. After more than four years of litigation, we have found no evidence that Mr. Meyers ever committed a crime or violated an ethical rule or policy that governed his conduct.  We are sorry for making that statement and for the series of personal attacks on Mr. Meyers that we have posted.

They have a kiff thing called Sailor chick of the week, which is sort of sexist but in a nice way - http://sailinganarchy.com/tag/scotw/