• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the crazy idea to try and shoehorn a YPVS 350 motor into an R3 chassis. Like my own version of a modern RD350.

Will just need a fair bit of dosh for that to materialise (play and win the Lotto. :whistling: )

Pics or it didn't happen. Huge RD fans, specially the LC ones!

Pics or it didn't happen. Huge RD fans, specially the LC ones!

Patch, I would love to do this, but the funds are severely lacking, Just buying the donor R3 will set me back at least 50k. 

Then there is the LC motor (my first choice) or an YPVS, that will obviously be modded to the hilt, Expansion boxes to exit under the seat, engineering, etc. 

Will be an project for someone with deep pockets. Sadly, not me at present.

I googled, seems no one has ever attempted this so far.

I Barely Survived a trip riding in the back of a bakkie....

and still bare the scars today.

I also had a very close call. 

Dr told my mom to start the necessary arrangements.  

I also had a very close call. 

Dr told my mom to start the necessary arrangements.  

My old man put his bakkie on its side with myself, my boet and 3 mates in the back. I remember watching the bakkie go over, and I casually opened the canopy and hopped out closing the canopy again on my exit. I stood there watching the bakkie land on its right hand side, on top of pa's arm. He was having a quick squiz at the sunset behind us as he drove up an embankment. Luckily he was going slowly on the yet to be completed N2 stretch between Heroldsbay and George back in the good ole eighties. My boet and our buddies were dinged and scraped, but more so from the half-geyser braai-met-wiele landing on them in the back. We were returning home from a strand-braai at the time. Pa and his pel righted the bakkie again and we drove home. Pa had to get stitches to the arm later. My boet and buddies donnered me for not letting them out when I decided to depart the bakkie...

Patch, I would love to do this, but the funds are severely lacking, Just buying the donor R3 will set me back at least 50k.

Then there is the LC motor (my first choice) or an YPVS, that will obviously be modded to the hilt, Expansion boxes to exit under the seat, engineering, etc.

Will be an project for someone with deep pockets. Sadly, not me at present.

I googled, seems no one has ever attempted this so far.

Yoh that sounds like a project and a half.

The only thing that I have seen that sounds similar was a guy who squeezed a YPVS RD500 v4 into an Aprilia RS250 chassis!

When I was much younger, my old man had to sell his much beloved RD350LC due to cash issues. I've been looking around to buy him one, but damn they have become collectible. A good neat one is R80k plus now.

Edited by Patchelicious

Love it!!

Few guys are as passionate about cars as Golf tuners

Will also dice ANYTHING, and not sarcastically, they always believe they can win.

Been contemplating a VR6 for a few years now. But just thoughts. Had a nicely tuned 1500 GLS after my first car which was a 2.8 skyline. Then after that I had a fairly substantially modded uno that was extremely quick robot to robot. This was before the days of chips and software tunes