I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

I think I'm getting old cos I have zero idea what he was trying to say in that video.....

This is a comment under the video on YouTube (which has nearly 19 million views now) which pretty neatly sums up most of what I saw on Twitter today:

So many people are misinterpreting this video SEVERELY...

This song is a "juxtaposition of black social issues" and "black culture". Many tend to see these as completely separate concepts, but they are in fact so intertwined they follow and build the personas of many black musicians and artists. This is why you see the spontaneous killing of blacks in this video (also, note the Jim crow pose at

, representing the misinterpretation and profiling of African Americans in America, as well as the grim reaper riding the pale horse at
shortly after the riot representing death and the apocalypse) along with many familiar rappers and their adlibs who if you note (offset, blocboy, 21 savage, vic mensa, young thug) all have been surrounded by violence and crime prior to their rises to fame. Many will nod their head to the verses of the song where it gets gritty, totally disregarding the statements of crime-infested areas, gun violence, black-on-black crime, police brutality, for they aren't topics of concern but rather means of entertainment and just music. It is only the gospel chorus and Gambino dancing to distract you from these matters at hand temporarily until somebody does die and **** gets uncomfortable again, and Gambino is never caught with these weapons by cops he hands them away before cops ever find him red handed. At the end after all of the other people are gone when he points a fake gun, Gambino is left to run away from a society that is after him for an image that really is not who he is but is more of a environment that him and fellow blacks have been segregated and left in.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a comment under the video on YouTube (which has nearly 19 million views now) which pretty neatly sums up most of what I saw on Twitter today:

This song is a "juxtaposition of black social issues" and "black culture". Many tend to see these as completely separate concepts, but they are in fact so intertwined they follow and build the personas of many black musicians and artists. This is why you see the spontaneous killing of blacks in this video (also, note the Jim crow pose at 0:52, representing the misinterpretation and profiling of African Americans in America, as well as the grim reaper riding the pale horse at 2:35 shortly after the riot representing death and the apocalypse) along with many familiar rappers and their adlibs who if you note (offset, blocboy, 21 savage, vic mensa, young thug) all have been surrounded by violence and crime prior to their rises to fame. Many will nod their head to the verses of the song where it gets gritty, totally disregarding the statements of crime-infested areas, gun violence, black-on-black crime, police brutality, for they aren't topics of concern but rather means of entertainment and just music. It is only the gospel chorus and Gambino dancing to distract you from these matters at hand temporarily until somebody does die and **** gets uncomfortable again, and Gambino is never caught with these weapons by cops he hands them away before cops ever find him red handed. At the end after all of the other people are gone when he points a fake gun, Gambino is left to run away from a society that is after him for an image that really is not who he is but is more of a environment that him and fellow blacks have been segregated and left in.

Ah. Crystal clear now. I think. No. Not at all.

Ah. Crystal clear now. I think. No. Not at all.

This song is a "juxtaposition of black social issues" and "black culture". Many tend to see these as completely separate concepts, but they are in fact so intertwined they follow and build the personas of many black musicians and artists. This is why you see the spontaneous killing of blacks in this video (also, note the Jim crow pose at 0:52, representing the misinterpretation and profiling of African Americans in America, as well as the grim reaper riding the pale horse at 2:35 shortly after the riot representing death and the apocalypse) along with many familiar rappers and their adlibs who if you note (offset, blocboy, 21 savage, vic mensa, young thug) all have been surrounded by violence and crime prior to their rises to fame. Many will nod their head to the verses of the song where it gets gritty, totally disregarding the statements of crime-infested areas, gun violence, black-on-black crime, police brutality, for they aren't topics of concern but rather means of entertainment and just music. It is only the gospel chorus and Gambino dancing to distract you from these matters at hand temporarily until somebody does die and **** gets uncomfortable again, and Gambino is never caught with these weapons by cops he hands them away before cops ever find him red handed. At the end after all of the other people are gone when he points a fake gun, Gambino is left to run away from a society that is after him for an image that really is not who he is but is more of a environment that him and fellow blacks have been segregated and left in.

Ah... YouTube comments the source of all truth.

See Adam Buxton, or Sutin...

A scraggly old Greek man in a dusty village speaks to a group of strangers.

“See that school? I built that school – with my own hands. Ten years it took, and thousands of children have been schooled there, but nobody talks about Stavros the school-builder. Nobody!

See that hospital? I built it with these very hands. Fifteen years it took. Countless lives have been saved there, children born, the sick cured, but nobody ever talks about Stavros the man who built the hospital. Nobody!

But f*** just one goat…”

Roast me all you want, but that I fail to see the joke / humor in that.  :(

The purpose of cards against humanity is to come up with the most offensive / funny / sickening / sexually questionable combination of cards that you are able to. I think this combo ranks quite highly on the offensive scale, but because of that it would, in my opinion, be a winning combination of cards just because of how hard it would make one cringe... 

The purpose of cards against humanity is to come up with the most offensive / funny / sickening / sexually questionable combination of cards that you are able to. I think this combo ranks quite highly on the offensive scale, but because of that it would, in my opinion, be a winning combination of cards just because of how hard it would make one cringe... 

Aaaah cards against humanity. Awesome!

aag ***

here we go again 

please debate politics/religion elsewhere

http://i.imgur.com/Afzgsuh.png