I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

This is where the South African Traffic laws normally fall flat. You could have some technical issue like there was no sign on the highway saying that speed prosecution is done using time over distance (like they have on the N3 in KZN).

It is always scary to see how easy it is to get out of a traffic fine. I remember about 5-6 years ago the prosecution rate for speedings fines were in the region of 2% of all speed fines issued.

Normally when you get a traffic fine you just ask for the proof of the competency certificate of the operator of the camera, the callibration certificate of the camera and that other court document that allows them to put the speed trap up on a specific road. You had a 99% chance that one of the three was not available and that was the end of your ticket.

There is a "speed prosecution is done using time over distance" (like they have on the N3 in KZN) on the N1 from Colesberg past Beaufort West and even further down South if I'm not mistaken.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the guy that was recording it  :clap:

So I was wondering who recorded it. Was it the driver? The camera(assume it was a phone) was pretty much directly behind the steering wheel so if it was a passenger then he was leaning over a lot. I must watch the video again and see if you can see 2 hands on the steering wheel at all.

So I was wondering who recorded it. Was it the driver? The camera(assume it was a phone) was pretty much directly behind the steering wheel so if it was a passenger then he was leaning over a lot. I must watch the video again and see if you can see 2 hands on the steering wheel at all.

9f0e784830313c01ea09255751c371c2_2.jpg

I’m just impressed that a TT could clock that speed. He almost went back to 1985

I'm more impressed an Audi lasted long enough to reach that speed without breaking along the way.

Can Audi TT even go that fast? I know the R8's can

There's a guy here that attends the cars and coffee mornings that has a Audi TT RS.He spent about 11k euros to modify his and he gets 360kw and a top speed of 301km/h.

It is possible with some money thrown into it.If his is standard and only chipped then about 280 if he is lucky.

Can Audi TT even go that fast? I know the R8's can

A new map, some decent tuning and 300 should be achievable by most performance cars nowadays

TT RS for sure. If that was the normal TT the it would have been modified.

Was a TTS. not TTRS. Can see on the speedo, where it clearly displays TTS.

TTS would probably have just required a remap or removal of the limiter. 

There's a guy here that attends the cars and coffee mornings that has a Audi TT RS.He spent about 11k euros to modify his and he gets 360kw and a top speed of 301km/h.

It is possible with some money thrown into it.If his is standard and only chipped then about 280 if he is lucky.

So this one was then probably also a TT RS with a few zar in mods. Wonder how much they cost him? excluding the jail time!

A new map, some decent tuning and 300 should be achievable by most performance cars nowadays

In stock forms, Does the TT S sit above the RS? In the other models the RS is top.

Agreed, Just watched the video again. Can see TTS.

In stock forms, Does the TT S sit above the RS? In the other models the RS is top.

No, RS is the top spec. As with all Audi, it’s The letter designation first (A1/2/3 whatever) then the S line (S1/2/3 TTS ETC) then the RS line. 

Yes agreed, with some modification. A std TT wont see that speed. Then also, how are they gonna convict him? Do they have actual speedtrap violations or just going off the video. If they just going off the video, then any infraction that anyone captures should be pursued.