I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

that was NOT a snap. Dog was surprised awake by something falling on its pillow, and reacted by growling, though quickly stopped when it saw what was up. 

dude - I love dogs. i have 3 of them at home ( one bull terrier and 2 collies). they are my babies. but i can guarantee you, not one of them will ever snap / bear its teeth at my kids like that. 

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

just to give you some background into why i feel quite strongly about this...when my youngest was 15 months we got a rescue dog. he was a beautiful dog. i really liked him, but he was a bit grumpy. one day while i was at work something happened and he got a fright and snapped at her. she ended up with a scar (which she still had 12 years later) running down the side of her face and was about 2 mm away from losing an eye. 

so when i see a dog doing that it is going to know absolutely that it is not acceptable and it wont be allowed to happen again - no excuses 

My wife teaches toddlers. Some Modern parents think it's cool that their kids use tablets and phones for entertainment at such a young age. It's not. Buy them a nice book. Their fingers will not fall off and they will not fall behind their peers, they might actually be more well off. Over stimulation of developing brains seems to exist (IMHO). It's really not funny, or cool when an 18 month old has a book put in front of them and they swipe the page... When we tell propective clients about a parental control feature in a brand of router, where users can be kicked off the network at set times (as these parents cannot say no), some have an absolute look of horror in their eyes... Learn to say no. Yes I'm old skool, but it's worked for us and that's all that matters. Its Friday, as you were.

https://youtu.be/j5P6gjwirNU

just to give you some background into why i feel quite strongly about this...when my youngest was 15 months we got a rescue dog. he was a beautiful dog. i really liked him, but he was a bit grumpy. one day while i was at work something happened and he got a fright and snapped at her. she ended up with a scar (which she still had 12 years later) running down the side of her face and was about 2 mm away from losing an eye. 

so when i see a dog doing that it is going to know absolutely that it is not acceptable and it wont be allowed to happen again - no excuses 

Dogs need safe space. As they get older, they need to know that have something that is theirs and they have a safe space to keep it. Old timers are like that.

In this case the dogs defense of that cushion is totally acceptable. The parents of the child need to be addressed about putting their child at risk by allowing the fall and see what happens, or for not moving the dog off the couch so the dog has a safe space to be on said cushion.

Either way, it is not the dogs fault in this case. But that is this case.

Dogs allowed on furniture and sharing the space elevate their status in the home.
Dogs on the floor on a dog pillow reflect their status, that is lower than their humans in the hierarchy.

The furball is not at fault for his aggression.
Merely allowed to do so as allowed in the hierarchy.

Dogs are awesome.

Edited by 'Dale

Dogs allowed on furniture and sharing the space elevate their status in the home.

Dogs on the floor on a dog pillow reflect their status. that is lower than their humans in fhe hierarchy.

The furball is not at fault for his aggression.

Merely allowed to do do in the hierarchy.

Dogs are awesome.

My two doggos use me as a pillow, what does that say about my place in the hierarchy? Haha at least I don't get cold in winter.

http://i.imgur.com/S2kAc06.gif

Having been bitten by two dogs already, the third attempt will result in a dead dog. That's my view on dogs. The first dog that tries that sh ! t with my daughter will also not see another sunrise. End van Prent.

In my house that mutt would be outside to start with.

This ^^^ my version of the dog knowing is that it won't be able to again once I'm done.