Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a photo taken of my daughter on Monday. Thought it was really good. Can check out the photographers facebook page (Jomandie Dempers)

She is adorable.

I want to venture a bit into some macro photography, what would be the most inexpensive method to do this? how good is macro filters? Is it at all possible to get some used manual focus macro lenses? Certainly this would cost less than a macro lens.

I have a canon crop sensor dslr (700d)

• 3 weeks later...

post-2696-0-64596600-1503141062_thumb.jpg

Mountain Zebra National Park.

Still learning, as there is ALOT of noise on the image. ISO was to high.

Click on the image to see it full scree.

The light on the mountains is from a full moon rising behind me. The dark is the shadow of the mountain the camp sits under. The "white" light is from the reception and camping area of the rest camp.

I want to venture a bit into some macro photography, what would be the most inexpensive method to do this? how good is macro filters? Is it at all possible to get some used manual focus macro lenses? Certainly this would cost less than a macro lens.

I have a canon crop sensor dslr (700d)

The best way, and one of the most expensive, is with a dedicated macro lens. Next best would be extension tubes. Usually come in seta of three relatively inexpensive. They move the lens away from the sensor allowing closer focusing and since they contain no optical elements quality is not much compromised.. there is some quality loss however as the lens being used is not made for close work so compromises are made. Next would be a macro adapter similar to a filter that goes not the front of the lens.

Try the cheapest option to see if you enjoy it. Personally I hate macro photography. If I have an away trip that's important to me I will spend a day shooting macro on n the garden to get my eye in. A bit like a pianist practicing scales. Useful but boring.