Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, we just got lucky on the last morning. will post a few more soon, more snow shots and a few astro images.

nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!! But yes please :)

A question for the Durban guys. I am going to be on the coast for two days while my GF attends a geology conference. So do two days I am left to my own devices during the day. I am keen to spend the two days shooting on the beachfront. Was there about a year ago and it seemed safe to me. We swam and wondered around no issues. I went to school in Pinetown and Pmb so I have lots of memories of this area. I find it quite interesting and have lots of ideas for street photography type of stuff.

So the question is any advice on security. I am not particularly nervous and shoot downtown Joburg very regularly, and that can be very dodgy. Any one spent any time shooting on the Durban beach front?

Any one spent any time shooting on the Durban beach front?          

what type of shooting are you referring to? the one that gets you killed or the one that ends in great photos?

:whistling:

I live a 30 minute drive from Durban beach front, and been so keen on taking a trip down there for a few photies, especially for taking a few photo's of Moyo Pier at sunrise or sunset, but I won't go unless I'm with a crowd.

Any one spent any time shooting on the Durban beach front?          

what type of shooting are you referring to? the one that gets you killed or the one that ends in great photos?

:whistling:

Hehehe. Photos obviously.

I live a 30 minute drive from Durban beach front, and been so keen on taking a trip down there for a few photies, especially for taking a few photo's of Moyo Pier at sunrise or sunset, but I won't go unless I'm with a crowd.

Is that just a feeling you have or do you know of any actual incidents?

Hehehe. Photos obviously.

Is that just a feeling you have or do you know of any actual incidents?

I've heard stories of people being mugged along the beach front at night.

I've heard stories of people being mugged along the beach front at night.

OK. Thanks for that. I'm not going to shooting at night, well I wasn't planning on it. At the moment I think I will definitely have a go during the day. I'm fairly good at picking up on when it gets hairy. Been run off a few times with in Joburg. Fortunately I always saw it coming. Than can go wrong on you though.

Edited by HappyMartin

I have shot along the beachfront many times and never had issues or felt unsafe. But while saying that, you can never be sure and have to just be aware of what's going on around you.

Street photography in Durban city centre will be another story all together and not something I will do.

• 2 weeks later...