Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

3. Couldn't find my overboots to keep the shoes semi dry so I've found a little trick that works a treat. Get 2 pairs of your thinnest socks out. Put on the better pair first. Grab a plastic packet and put your foot in it. Pull it tight and trim just above the sock line. Tuck that extra lip in. Put the 2nd pair on over the plastic and then into the shoes. Yep feet can't breathe as well as they normally do, but you won't get cold, wet feet on the ride which is the better trade off!

condoms work well for this,, and cling wrap...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time in a year commuting in Pretoria I felt a little vulnerable today...felt like everyone wanted to drive into me including SAP making an illegal U turn and pushing me Into the gutter.

How'd everyone else fair?

For the first time in a year commuting in Pretoria I felt a little vulnerable today...felt like everyone wanted to drive into me including SAP making an illegal U turn and pushing me Into the gutter.

How'd everyone else fair?

I was surprised at how considerate the other road users was today (no close calls). Can't say I was surprised when a pedestrian crossed the road while seeing me approaching and then turning her back (damn earphones!), had to pretty much do a full stop to pass.

I was surprised at how considerate the other road users was today (no close calls). Can't say I was surprised when a pedestrian crossed the road while seeing me approaching and then turning her back (damn earphones!), had to pretty much do a full stop to pass.

If it is not headphones, it is them staring at their damn phones while walking. The general public's  spacial awareness is shocking. It is the zombie Apocalypse!

What size condoms do you keep that you can get your feet into? Just kidding! :D

and you know what say about a man with big feet...

... wears big shoes?

no. Has problems sourcing a good looking pair of dress / smart shoes. 

GAH.

Aldo? Nope. WW? Only in 1 or 2 styles are the 12's big enough. Rest of the places? Same story.

Eventually settled on a pair of CAT boots that seem to understate their size, but look a tad bulky... Then go to WW and wedge myself into the only set of 12's that fit. And not the ones I want. 

Fudging pedestrians. They see you on the bike path, but the fat ass bitch would block the whole path. I stopped and asked her if she needs a hit in the face to move out of the path as everyone had to walk around the fat hippo.

And guys getting off a bus...

Oh and saw a SAPD bloke that went all lights on only to stop at a SASOL to leisurely walk out of the bakkie.

Another problem on the road is that Dark Fiber Africa bug up the road entering Persequor Park. Now as the are Dark and Africa in the name I can understand why they DO NOT fix the road after they dug it up.

Fudging pedestrians. They see you on the bike path, but the fat ass bitch would block the whole path. I stopped and asked her if she needs a hit in the face to move out of the path as everyone had to walk around the fat hippo.

And guys getting off a bus...

Oh and saw a SAPD bloke that went all lights on only to stop at a SASOL to leisurely walk out of the bakkie.

Another problem on the road is that Dark Fiber Africa bug up the road entering Persequor Park. Now as the are Dark and Africa in the name I can understand why they DO NOT fix the road after they dug it up.

Coffee?  Maybe with a muffin? :P

Edited by cat-i