Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed they are very cool! But at almost R4000 I just can't justify it...

WHAT?!?! 4K, nee dankie I'll deal with my crappy R200 lights

$219 is quite reasonable, just a pity the Rand is so vrot. 

$219 will buy you a cup of tea and slice of cake, and you'll have some change for parking ;)

Mine is 80 bucks each... I have two so that I can see both sides of the trail :ph34r:

What about a bulk order? would that not diminish the cost for us?

I met the guys who were looking at bringing them Into the country...they brought about 30 or 40 in....after import duties and other costs that's more or less what they were looking at price wise...the other issue is they are pretty difficult to install.hunter cycles was being used as there Installion guys,they reckoned they struggled to attach it to road bikes wheels and took them a few hours to get it into a mtb and not hinder the operation of the bike.

Don't mean to say negative things about the product,but when you see it in person it ls quite bulky and does not look nice on the bike,also I felt it did not perform as well as it does in the marketing video.

If you got money to throw away for a cool light show at critical mass fine but not practical in its current form.

Edited by Tayyib

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think you are safe on the cycle lane.Seen near Lagoon beach this morning.Driver clipped the barrier between BRT lane and Marine Dr and rolled onto cycle lane.Sat and Sun mornings use to scare the daylights out of me because of the jollers going home .Add Fri mornings as well.Be careful out there

post-43204-0-77190100-1446802995_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think you are safe on the cycle lane.Seen near Lagoon beach this morning.Driver clipped the barrier between BRT lane and Marine Dr and rolled onto cycle lane.Sat and Sun mornings use to scare the daylights out of me because of the jollers going home .Add Fri mornings as well.Be careful out there

The amount of debris found on that lane from drivers "loosing it" just shows how valuable the cycle lanes are in the first place......things were rather hairy there before we had cycle lanes.

The amount of debris found on that lane from drivers "loosing it" just shows how valuable the cycle lanes are in the first place......things were rather hairy there before we had cycle lanes.

Almost as if that barrier should rather be between the road and the cycle lane.

Been a few weeks since I have been on the bike.  Bit nervous after that stupid slut tried to take me out on the sidewalk, and the heat wave we had for the past few weeks.

Should help to loose a bit of weight as well.  Gained a huge amount the last few months...

Been a few weeks since I have been on the bike. Bit nervous after that stupid slut tried to take me out on the sidewalk, and the heat wave we had for the past few weeks.

Should help to loose a bit of weight as well. Gained a huge amount the last few months...

? Re the sidewalk