Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

26/08/2019 Commute, thanks to these guys for letting me tag along.

8c661b1177aa98616743562d046eff42.jpg

Wow that is a beautiful ride!!

I get to cycle through the Spruit - this morning managed a loop through Emmarentia as well and was thinking how lucky I am - but THIS is stunning!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26/08/2019 Commute, thanks to these guys for letting me tag along.

8c661b1177aa98616743562d046eff42.jpg

d9249a60dade2ef6124b462418348a73.jpg

13063a1d5722fe43243add789104b1b1.jpg

Morning all i also commute into town everyday around about 05:50-06:00  ,what time does this group leave Table view?

Morning all i also commute into town everyday around about 05:50-06:00  ,what time does this group leave Table view?

We leave from the vet opposite bayside at 6:45am sharp.

Awesome, one day when the kids are bigger I'll defo commute to work. Right now I'll enjoy the hugs and kisses and them wanting to hold my hand until they get to the classroom. 

I drop my kids at school (still get a hug but refuse to hold my hand), go back home and then commute to work  :P  (Fellow parents probably think I'm a stay-at-home dad because I'm always in my cycling clothes when dropping the kids)

Edited by Skubarra

I drop my kids at school (still get a hug but refuse to hold my hand), go back home and then commute to work  :P  (Fellow parents probably think I'm a stay-at-home dad because I'm always in my cycling clothes when dropping the kids)

Lycra or baggies at the school drop off :P

Lycra or baggies at the school drop off :P

As a student I once went to fetch my (later to be) wife from her res while dressed in a wetsuit.......

.......Wind and wave conditions were perfect, so I absolutely maxed the time windsurfing, at the last second jumped in the bakkie, meant to get dressed on the way, whenever a red robot forced me to stop, too late realized I locked my clothes in someone elses cars boot, said "What The Hell", and kept going anyway, walked into reception and asked them to intercom her, turned a few heads, left a few wet patches behind and added to an undeserved reputation for being slightly crazy........still married many many years later, but haven't quite heard the end of that story. It gets used, inappropriately, to explain that I have no fashion sense! :D

Edited by DJR

As a student I once went to fetch my (later to be) wife from her res while dressed in a wetsuit.......

.......Wind and wave conditions were perfect, so I absolutely maxed the time windsurfing, at the last second jumped in the bakkie, meant to get dressed on the way, whenever a red robot forced me to stop, too late realized I locked my clothes in someone elses cars boot, said "What The Hell", and kept going anyway, walked into reception and asked them to intercom her, turned a few heads, left a few wet patches behind and added to an undeserved reputation for being slightly crazy........still married many many years later, but haven't quite heard the end of that story. It gets used, inappropriately, to explain that I have no fashion sense! :D

you tell your wife a little tight fitting black number is a timeless classic!

Morning all i also commute into town everyday around about 05:50-06:00 ,what time does this group leave Table view?

where are you coming from?

Hairy do you know if there are any other earlier groups?

Not at this stage, there are lots of people out there that do rider earlier on their own ... just a matter of talking to riders and trying to find out ... will ask around from my side and let you know if I find someone.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve recently moved to Lakeside, and thus my shortest commute to Tygervalley has now increased to just under 40km one way. In order to save my spine on the rough roads around Wynberg I bought a 2nd hand Thudbuster. The downhill towards town from Wynberg is fraught with bumps and the Thudbuster works really well absorbing the shock. .....  and thus the morphing of the ‘2012 Ridgeback 3’ continues  :P

post-20017-0-96957600-1571212112_thumb.jpg

Tuesday afternoon I pull out three thorns from the front wheel when I get home, actually been getting more and more thorns over the last few rides.  This is on tar commute in Bellville ...  :blink:

So last night I check the tire, and pump it up.  This morning the pressure is LOW ...   :eek:   :oops:

Full cycling kit, ready for the commute to work .... I only took off the helmet and got the bike onto the workshop stand.  Few minutes later both front and rear wheels were topped up with Sludge.  :thumbup:

lesson for the day ... Spring has sprung, and the thorns are back ... CHECK those tubeless tires ....  :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...