Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Commuting by bicycle is just SO much more fun than being in a cage .....

Been a "bit" busy at work .... seems people are even later than usual with their end of year designs  .... may possibly get a layout tomorrow, and yet the client expects Council approval before the builders holiday ..... those in the game will understand the absolute absurdity ..... but still we must "smile and wave" .....

So there was just a bit of "extra energy" going to the pedals today ....  :whistling:   Even more so this afternoon.  Pretty sure I set a good few PB's ..... 

The wind added a nice extra factor .... coming down Bill Bezuidenhout over the N1, I had to LEAN into the handlebars and really work to keep my speed up !!  Turning left at the traffic lights I was leaning right, into the wind, to go in a straight line ..... 

Quick dip in the pool, and I feel better than I have a long while ....

COMMUTING ROCKS !!!!!

Commuting by bicycle is just SO much more fun than being in a cage .....

Been a "bit" busy at work .... seems people are even later than usual with their end of year designs  .... may possibly get a layout tomorrow, and yet the client expects Council approval before the builders holiday ..... those in the game will understand the absolute absurdity ..... but still we must "smile and wave" .....

So there was just a bit of "extra energy" going to the pedals today ....  :whistling:   Even more so this afternoon.  Pretty sure I set a good few PB's ..... 

The wind added a nice extra factor .... coming down Bill Bezuidenhout over the N1, I had to LEAN into the handlebars and really work to keep my speed up !!  Turning left at the traffic lights I was leaning right, into the wind, to go in a straight line ..... 

Quick dip in the pool, and I feel better than I have a long while ....

COMMUTING ROCKS !!!!!

my current commute is a walk from the bedroom to the office ... not very happy about this....and yes ... some really stupid deadlines around this time of year again!

my current commute is a walk from the bedroom to the office ... not very happy about this....and yes ... some really stupid deadlines around this time of year again!

You think you "know someone" and then they like a post where you are spilling out your heart about not being able to commute ... what kind of sadists are you two!

post-5403-0-39713300-1607068172_thumb.jpg

You think you "know someone" and then they like a post where you are spilling out your heart about not being able to commute ... what kind of sadists are you two!

We REALLY need a series of "like buttons" .... from a "thumbs up", to a "thumbs down", a "sympathy", and not least ... "pitchfork" ....

We REALLY need a series of "like buttons" .... from a "thumbs up", to a "thumbs down", a "sympathy", and not least ... "pitchfork" ....

Pitchforks can be a special item reserved for Friday's only!

• 2 months later...

What a lovely commute  :thumbup:  :clap:

In the words of a FORMER commuter, one Mr HAIRY :  #ItsOnlyWater

Nice thick mist, or was that a light drizzle this morning ....

The one thing I learned from commuting is that when you stop doing it you pick up tons of weight...

Commuting certainly helped me get away with a slightly unhealthy lifestyle (beer/chips). Now Im still battling to lose the extra lockdown kilos I picked up, should join that weightloss thread...

Edited by Skubarra

This year has been a struggle to get into routine.

Between all the rain and workload I picked up a few kilos.

The worst fitness I have been in since 2014.

Took the bike today. First time this week. Can feel I have been slacking.

Have a good day all.

The one thing I learned from commuting is that when you stop doing it you pick up tons of weight...

Commuting certainly helped me get away with a slightly unhealthy lifestyle (beer/chips). Now Im still battling to lose the extra lockdown kilos I picked up, should join that weightloss thread...

I think the regular exercising routine from commuting a few times a weeks does wonders for my metabolic rate .....

Sadly also have 2 kg of lockdown that is hanging about, despite eating right for a while now ....  need to get back into regular commuting.

with working only 2km from home now and there being no washup facilities here I have taken to rather doing a 1 hour ride before work.

I miss the commute though, there is something special about it. also, much less chance of skipping the commute because of weather.

with working only 2km from home now and there being no washup facilities here I have taken to rather doing a 1 hour ride before work.

I miss the commute though, there is something special about it. also, much less chance of skipping the commute because of weather.

The commutes home especially helped with regular training, no option to back out as you have to get home and once you get going its easy to add a few kilometers.

Very rarely would I under normal circumstances get home in the afternoon and feel like doing a training ride, and even if I do the wife is not impressed with me disappearing just before dinner time, but nobody bats an eyelid if you add a few extra kilos to your commute home to make it a proper training ride

The commutes home especially helped with regular training, no option to back out as you have to get home and once you get going its easy to add a few kilometers.

Very rarely would I under normal circumstances get home in the afternoon and feel like doing a training ride, and even if I do the wife is not impressed with me disappearing just before dinner time, but nobody bats an eyelid if you add a few extra kilos to your commute home to make it a proper training ride

I have "commuted" from work in the wrong direction .... do some trails, coffee at Bloemendal, Traverse, and then only turn back home ....

4,5km commute turned into a perfect 25km destress session.

Must be a weird sight .... nice bike, tekkies, shorts, T-shirt (my normal commute kit), backpack ... enjoying the single tracks ....  :whistling: