Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't bother about an external shell for my bag.

All I do is have all my goodies in plastic bin liners (not the big black bin bags, but the smaller white or blue bags for the smaller foot pedal bins).

Everything stays 100% waterproof, no matter what the conditions are.

My backpack is left to get wet/muddy and I just wipe off and hang when I get to my destination.

Same here. works a treat

Got wetter this morning that I thought I would. Getting a little tired of the rain though, it's been quite a few months of getting wet riding .... I want some suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Although between the 2 evils of rain or wind .... I think I'll take the rain  :)  ... except this morning I had a double-whammy ... rain and a 30km/h head wind  :o

Glad I had to take clean clothing to work today. Got caught on the motorbike in the storm with about 3 km to go.

Missed my bicycle, but I am waiting for new rotors (hope they arrive today) and must say I am glad I did not cycle to work. I know that the brakes are not 100%, and daring to go out in a storm, would be stupid of me.

post-686-1415594726,6298.jpg

Huzzah... Rotors installed and tuned to make no noise [emoji2]. But could not do a run in due to the rain.

Going to have to run them tomorrow morning on my commute.

Huzzah... Rotors installed and tuned to make no noise [emoji2]. But could not do a run in due to the rain.

Going to have to run them tomorrow morning on my commute.

Feedback?

Had to chicken out [emoji24] before. i took off it started raining and had a bit of flooding at home as well.

And I need to take a hard drive home tonight and can't afford to damage the HDD. Had to wait a freaken week to get the drive back

Know this might sound like a bit of a dof question, but what do you all do about getting all sweaty during your commute?  Do you have showers at work?  Or just towel off and lots of deodorant? 

Know this might sound like a bit of a dof question, but what do you all do about getting all sweaty during your commute?  Do you have showers at work?  Or just towel off and lots of deodorant? 

Wash cloth, wash basin water and soap.

Can even take a bucket, but wet wash cloth is adequate.

WOW another rain session just hit us hard. Wonder if this week will have any dry days.

Oh I forgot.  I got a can of Scotch Guard this weekend at Pick n Pay.  Think it was R65-00 for a can.  Going to retreat my bag tonight to help with the staining.  Worked great (not the first time treating my bag with this product), but guess you need to reapply it every now and then to help the product to work 100%

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-a8b6/k2-_913b0374-3c1b-43b5-8b61-f240995a59b9.v2.jpg

Edited by François Marais

One gets out of practise of riding in the rain.

I was talked out of riding to work this morning because it was raining too hard.

Instead I sat in my car in traffic for 35 minutes ( instead of a 10 minute bike commute) :thumbdown:

WOW another rain session just hit us hard. Wonder if this week will have any dry days.

Don't think about the rain .... just do it  :thumbup:

The rain is just water ... it can keep you nicely hydrated if you keep your mouth open while riding  ;)

Don't think about the rain .... just do it  :thumbup:

The rain is just water ... it can keep you nicely hydrated if you keep your mouth open while riding  ;)

In Witbank? I'd rather not, thank you :)