Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

If you're going to get into a fight with a giant make the first punch count!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/e46b0c0780d4897ce74c566b66571da3/tumblr_mxyp5pLlJ31siyzauo1_400.gif

LOL  :clap:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to get into a fight with a giant make the first punch count!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/e46b0c0780d4897ce74c566b66571da3/tumblr_mxyp5pLlJ31siyzauo1_400.gif

Left paw! Deadly, because most giants simply never see it coming!

Guest Omega Man

I've noticed a metro police or security vehicle patrolling every time I've been on the Milnerton-Cape Town cycle lane this week. It's been good to see.

Well, today I learnt that riding down-tube shifters in the traffic, takes somewhat more than the normal forward thinking, especially with manhole covers and potholes to avoid as well! Spidey Sense had to work overtime!

Guest Omega Man

Well, today I learnt that riding down-tube shifters in the traffic, takes somewhat more than the normal forward thinking, especially with manhole covers and potholes to avoid as well! Spidey Sense had to work overtime!

Haha.

Last night I rode my motorcycle home from Greenpoint in the howling South Easter. I kept hearing what I thought was the bike backfiring but it was actually my butt slamming shut every time the wind caught my bike.

Today I learned to make sure I have work shoes at work. Luckily my cycling shoes are pretty subtle......

fortunately we don't have that problem in our office .... we just walk barefoot then :) .... did I mention shorts are order of the day too in summer :P

So glad I had to take the motorbike to work.  Got caught about 4 km from work in a lekker rain session. But nothing close to the rain we just had for the past 40 minutes or so.

Some rider(not a commuter) will not learn that it is far safer on the cycle path between Lagoon beach and Steven Johnson cars.They would much rather ride slowly and almost in the gutter on Marine Dr.than use the lekka cycle path.Forcing cars to slow down and move over into the next lane. The mind boggles!

First time this year I got forced to take the diesel donkey to work......and for such a stupid reason too. I seriously need a haircut and there is no way in hell I'm going to leave any of my bikes outside of Cavendish Square, locked or not! Perhaps that is a sign that I need another bike......some crappy looking, but beautifully running single speed perhaps? Or a fold-up?   

Guest Omega Man

First time this year I got forced to take the diesel donkey to work......and for such a stupid reason too. I seriously need a haircut and there is no way in hell I'm going to leave any of my bikes outside of Cavendish Square, locked or not! Perhaps that is a sign that I need another bike......some crappy looking, but beautifully running single speed perhaps? Or a fold-up?   

Hipster!

I normally lock the bicycle up inside the parking garage. Far safer. 

I also use an old bike not worth much. 

I normally lock the bicycle up inside the parking garage. Far safer. 

I also use an old bike not worth much. 

That is a good idea, especially if you lock it near one of the lobby / lift areas where there is cctv cameras. Just ride into the parking garage, skirt around the boom and Bob's your uncle. Or take a ticket? I don't really mind paying if it is for the security. That's what I'll do next time. Those bike racks outside just looked to much like a bike take-away for my liking.

Exactly why I've still got my old Gary Fisher. Crappy looking bike which runs beautifully and doesn't get offended when I chain it to a pole.