Bad Attitude on the Hub

tunariaan

I am very competitive in running and cycling and i do well in both, no need to have a big ego

Big ego's normally drop out sonewhere along the way-like on the Attekwas race where i saw big ego's with expensive bikes dropping out or pushing on the 80km mark, at the same time getting past by riders with cheaper bikes

:thumbup: Agreed! Cyclists with ego's are so stupid... Why they have ego's? No one knows why... :thumbdown:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't make your problems our.

Welcome Rookie. You have a lot to learn.... Grow a pair and develope a sense of humour, or you wil probably find yourself spending even more time fishing. Life is like a box of chocolates....

There's your problem. Right there.

And because you are "a Hunter" :o I won't push your buttons by pointing out that your grammar and punctuation sucks.

Oh, it's also the reason I won't "meet (you) somewhere in private" :D

This is my morning entertainment....HAHA!

Love those Pugs.. Still have to clean out my CK bb, hopefully this weekend...

I've gotta get some new hubs for my XC bike. Current ones are toast thanks to someone putting cv-joint grease in them during a service. Caught the FAIL when I serviced it myself, but now the bearing races are so pitted it's shocking. Wheel is pulling to the left when braking, and the QR is helluva tight. The spokes are fine, as is the wheel.

And after I've just bought a new crank for her, thanks to the original one not being put on properly and almost breaking...

My wife is gonna kill me.

Cool, peace and Yogurt. Thought I recognised you at the Bulldog from your kit and wanted to say howzit, but you raced off, on your damn expensive bike!

I almost had "Eldron" added the kit ala Sky style but thought better of it :D

My bad - just cos I race like a pro, ride a pro bike and act like a cock doesn't mean I'n not really friendly and approachable :blink:

Seriously though - I'll be at the USN race on Saturday - I'll keep a look out for an aerodynamic mongoose...

Good day,

as can be seen by my nr of posts and joining date, I am also very new here.

Nine times out of ten, I leave this forum with some great advice, hilarious comebacks and some great pics of the female specimen. Instead of spending 10 minutes a day on News 24 and all the negative journalism, I choose to spend that ten minutes on Thehub instead.

Below is one of the funniest posts regarding a compact vs traditional crank posted by Eldron a while ago:

"The problem exists? Really?

Lets set the scene - you have a "traditional" set up 53/39 on the front and 11-25 on the back. Winter has not been kind to you and you have piled on the pounds. Your boyfriend says he doesn't like the spare tube around your waist and that you will embarrass him on the beach this summer. You start riding - it hurts and someone has made all the hills in your area steeper. You decide to take the pansy option and buy a compact.

R2,200 late you have an ultegra 50/34 on the front and a new poofter gear of 34x25 (a ratio of 1.36).

Your boyfriend thinks you're having an affair instead of riding and decides to join you (because you're not losing weight - scoffijng chocolate croissants at Fournos instead of putting in the hard yards). He is also unfit and decides to take the softer option. Unfortunately his hairdressing business is not doing well so he opts for the cheaper 11-28 cassette option (R650 for ulterga). His poofter gear is a 39x28 (ratio of 1.39).

Can we call the ratios the same and avoid a hangbag **** fit?

You point and laugh at his cassette and use the term "gaping hole". He makes some disgustung joke about gapping holes and you both laugh...

Then you ask the LBS to take your cassettes off (you don't want to get oil under your finger nails - EEEUUUWWWW) and lay them side by side - they look like this:

11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-25

11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-24-28

"What? No gaping holes?" your boyfriend cries!

"Emille" you purr "There are two gears that are 1 tooth different!!!!"

"Shnoogly woogles" he relpies "my good friend Theodore rides those beastly mountain bikes and his 9spd XT cassette looks like this:"

11-13-15-17-20-23-26-30-34

"See honey - there are 3 AND 4 tooth gaps all over and he never complains about not being able to fill the gaps in".

Here endeth the Mills and Boons logic lesson." :lol:

The very same people that swap "howzits" on start lines are probably lashing each other on the forum as we speak.

Well, my rant for the day is that I dont get enuf "howzits" on the start line :P

Your avatar - it sucks. :P

Because it's Friday I will let you get away with that one, so have a good day cptpieman :thumbup:

I almost had "Eldron" added the kit ala Sky style but thought better of it :D

My bad - just cos I race like a pro, ride a pro bike and act like a cock doesn't mean I'n not really friendly and approachable :blink:

Seriously though - I'll be at the USN race on Saturday - I'll keep a look out for an aerodynamic mongoose...

Naah I user riser bars, without bar ends, so not very aero. Fighting off flu, so might do some more panic miles on my road bike with my club.. Have a blast..

Because it's Friday I will let you get away with that one, so have a good day cptpieman :thumbup:

Shot mate, you too. I hope to be on the mountain by 4, testing out the new crank and extended travel on my xc bike... Gonna look like a bit of a tjop though. Only helmet I have at this stage is my full-face, thanks to a helmet-crunching, concussion-causing fall from grace I had last Saturday.

Naah I user riser bars, without bar ends, so not very aero. Fighting off flu, so might do some more panic miles on my road bike with my club.. Have a blast..

Shot mate, you too. I hope to be on the mountain by 4, testing out the new crank and extended travel on my xc bike... Gonna look like a bit of a tjop though. Only helmet I have at this stage is my full-face, thanks to a helmet-crunching, concussion-causing fall from grace I had last Saturday.

Oi !

You two, get a room!

:offtopic:

Me what?

With a target on your back, or with *** grammar and punctuation?

Its all those teachers on here and the moderators who has the bad attidudes...do not say this, do not tYPE LIKE THIS... bla bla bla...

Sorry, will adjust it at our next meeting :rolleyes:

Best you do! :angry: ;)

Yep I agree. I started a conversation with Thug at start of the above mentioned race by recognising his Lefty equipped Scandal, while Jules was adjusting his EBB before blasting off to victory. Never met them before. I reckon Thug thought I was a stalker...

Think he was right… :P

Its all those teachers on here and the moderators who has HAVE the bad attidudes...do not say this, do not tYPE LIKE THIS... bla bla bla...

Fixed. Don't mention it... :thumbup: