Bad Attitude on the Hub

tunariaan

I think it is a bit "off key" to join a forum, and then complain about the perceived "bad attitude" of the forum members whilst being less than 20 posts old yourself. From that standpoint, the members who have responded, although being perceived as the antagonists and spewers of the "adapt or die" attitude, actually have a point themselves.

+1 :thumbup:

I just ignore the members with bad attitude should I experience any. Must say that I havent really thought of some of them as people with bad attitudes, just maybe 'n bietjie meer vol k*k as ander mense!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bwhaha . cool post for a friday . us guys we can but only talk **** to pass the time .

and i think we chased the new rookie away , as they say if you cant stand the heat get out the kitchen.

I'm with the OP and Pain or Shine on this one. I have never belonged to a forum with the level of aggression that there is on here. There are a lot of people who do seemingly nothing but post one line answers belittling people and just stirring ****.

An example of this was that I posted an advert for a cassette the other day and in the description put "rear cassette". Someone actually went to the bother of posting some rude and sarcastic remarks in my advert about and the fact that you don't get front cassettes so why did I describe it as a rear cassette. I mean honestly, the mentality of that! You have got to be pretty sad and pretty bored to be bothered to do a thing like that.

Anyhow there are some pretty decent people on here giving some pretty decent advice as well and I think it just has to be a case of ignoring the people you don't like and just getting on with it. I do.

I'm with the OP and Pain or Shine on this one. I have never belonged to a forum with the level of aggression that there is on here. There are a lot of people who do seemingly nothing but post one line answers belittling people and just stirring ****.

An example of this was that I posted an advert for a cassette the other day and in the description put "rear cassette". Someone actually went to the bother of posting some rude and sarcastic remarks in my advert about and the fact that you don't get front cassettes so why did I describe it as a rear cassette. I mean honestly, the mentality of that! You have got to be pretty sad and pretty bored to be bothered to do a thing like that.

Anyhow there are some pretty decent people on here giving some pretty decent advice as well and I think it just has to be a case of ignoring the people you don't like and just getting on with it. I do.

Quickest way to get rid of a wiseass in a classifieds thread is to ask him if he is taking it considering his interest. They normally leave very quickly. Normally the stabs in the threads don't have any bite, now and again they do but then they always come from the same crowd. Ignore the trolls, they do go away...case and point grb4711 or whatever his name was

Correct.. don't join and then complain, unless you joined for something worthy of joining.

I have been in a virtual debate myself, one that had several people emotionally rampant at the comment I made (not on the Hub of course, never!) but when it came time to take this discussion from a closed group to an open debate, because of where the discussion had gone - it started impacting the outcome which could affect non-closed group members - I had a real struggle trying to convince the members to join the Hub which has a broader audience. You know I was even phoned and asked NOT to bring it here. That is concerning. The reasons given were mainly lack of control over these mouthpieces.

Just for a second. Jokes aside. Consider this.. You are trying to attract advertisers but your product has a bad rep. I think this should be a consideration.. after-all we are the Hub. 1 post or 10 000.

Was it a bow hunting hunting forum? so ethical to sit at a water hole in the heat and wait for animal to come drink so you can kill it!!! no egos there!!!

Was it a bow hunting hunting forum? so ethical to sit at a water hole in the heat and wait for animal to come drink so you can kill it!!! no egos there!!!

+1...only hunting you do is "roadies" ...with your single speed...laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I agree. It is always the same people. They just want to raise their post count. If you don't no what to say, Shut Up.

yup you just raised your post count!

Oh , I didn't have an expensive bike there, just some cheap steel thing.

Shame and you probably couldn't even afford to put gears onto it either! :P

@ OP If it p!sses you off that much, there is the following button in the bottom left hand corner of every post:

post-17843-0-01370800-1316162733.jpg

Feel free to click.

I joined this forum a while ago and found the comments hilarious and was glad that a bunch of like minded people could get together, share information, speak their mind, get stuff off their chest and generally talk **** if that was their thing.

Basically if you don't like it, you can skip to the next post or you can just click on the little "X" at the top right hand corner of the offending tab and try another topic. If it starts affecting your family and social life, you can always go and join the OTHER cycling forum...

Many have left but most of them come back ;) Lighten up. This is actually a useful forum if you give it a chance :thumbup:

Choice is yours. Have a nice day! :clap:

Edited by Grebel

Shame and you probably couldn't even afford to put gears onto it either! :P

@ OP If it p!sses you off that much, there is the following button in the bottom left hand corner of every post:

post-17843-0-01370800-1316162733.jpg

Feel free to click.

I joined this forum a while ago and found the comments hilarious and was glad that a bunch of like minded people could get together, share information, speak their mind, get stuff off their chest and generally talk **** if that was their thing.

Basically if you don't like it, you can skip to the next post or you can just click on the little "X" at the top right hand corner of the offending tab and try another topic. If it starts affecting your family and social life, you can always go and join the OTHER cycling forum...

Many have left but most of them come back ;) Lighten up. This is actually a useful forum if you give it a chance :thumbup:

Choice is yours. Have a nice day! :clap:

This place isn't good for anything except keeping me "dibs" ie "not working"

Just for a second. Jokes aside. Consider this.. You are trying to attract advertisers but your product has a bad rep. I think this should be a consideration.. after-all we are the Hub. 1 post or 10 000.

It would be interesting to see this boards stats, but judging by the activity it's clear that it is by far SA's biggest and most popular on line cycling community. There are a couple of other SA message boards out there, but visit them and all you hear are crickets.

It seems the attraction here would be the mud slinging and general mayhem topics. We seem to be drawn to it like Moths to a flame :lol:

It's a recipe that seems to work for thehub. I think if you had to moderate strictly, and enforce the rules this board would be a lot quieter.

It would be interesting to see this boards stats, but judging by the activity it's clear that it is by far SA's biggest and most popular on line cycling community. There are a couple of other SA message boards out there, but visit them and all you hear are crickets.

It seems the attraction here would be the mud slinging and general mayhem topics. We seem to be drawn to it like Moths to a flame :lol:

It's a recipe that seems to work for thehub. I think if you had to moderate strictly, and enforce the rules this board would be a lot quieter.

Oi! Keep me out of it!

Well, my rant for the day is that I dont get enuf "howzits" on the start line :P

Me too... but then I guess I have to be on the start line? wink.gif Could have been there this weekend, but the kideo takes preference thumbup1.gif so I'll settle for another minimalist run @ 7am before playing dads taxi on Malibongwe ohmy.gif tomorrow morning

must have missed the memo/spreadsheet determining what bike you can buy based on your cycling ability.

pineapple pizza?

anyone?

That is why everyone is so concerned about seeding!