Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Uni. Ja, we've got a bit of a "food name" theme going on. Previously had golden labs named Fudge and Cheddar. The brown dogs initially posed a bit of a problem, but it all ended well. 

Okay, Nugget was an exception. But you have a black lab puppy and I took one look and said "Nugget?" and my wife agreed that there's no other name. (And no it was not based on a burnt KFC effort...)

Yip, the new puppy has arrived. Chocolate lab.

If Brandi is as beautiful as I think, then you can expect a burglary in as long as it takes someone to drive from Slaapstad to Paarl. Where is she from?

Sorry Kahlua, you are no longer the star!

Edited by DJR

Brandi is a chocolate lab, yes. But a male... Kahlua (the ridgy) is the she. I expect that she'll be protective of her new playmate/-thing. Then again, if it's on a day where he's pesting her too much, she may hand him over for a scratch behind the ear... 

Got him from Bonnievale. Can send you detail if you want... 

But strangely - I've seen a LOT (relatively) of them of late.

Had to make a plan with my dogs over the hols, while we were away. Maxi the Border Collie went to spend the hols in Kei Mouth with my parents, bit my mom refused to have Fudgie the Jack Russell, so she came to Cape Town with us, we slipped her into our overnight accommodation on the way down. In CT she kept my sisters Border collies company.

Was great getting home now with the dogs.

post-2975-1420999399,7109.jpg

post-2975-1420999495,1514.jpg

A bit hot in Paarl for Kahlua...

attachicon.gifKahlua-hot.jpg

But she's got a new interest!

attachicon.gifKahlua-nuweling.jpg

Yip, the new puppy has arrived. Chocolate lab.

Hubbers, meet Brandi (at home at the right places!)

attachicon.gifBrandi-Wiel.jpg

Some more shots...

attachicon.gifBrandi-voet.jpg

attachicon.gifBrandi-profile.jpg

Playtime! 

attachicon.gifKahlua-Speeltyd.jpg

Too much of which, leads to....

attachicon.gifBrandi-Moeg.jpg

What a beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback Kahlua is! They are just the cleanest, healthiest and most loyal breed to keep in SA. Show me another dog with so much expression in their face. I have had 5 Ridgebacks in my time and will be a Ridgeback fan forever! 

What a beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback Kahlua is! They are just the cleanest, healthiest and most loyal breed to keep in SA. Show me another dog with so much expression in their face. I have had 5 Ridgebacks in my time and will be a Ridgeback fan forever! 

Thanks Sniffie! I love her to bits...

Everybody is obviously performing about the puppy, but she my remains "my big girl". Started taking her out for jogs now as well, since she's now old enough. And she loves it! Also doubt whether our house will ever be without one again.

Thanks Sniffie! I love her to bits...

Everybody is obviously performing about the puppy, but she my remains "my big girl". Started taking her out for jogs now as well, since she's now old enough. And she loves it! Also doubt whether our house will ever be without one again.

Ridgebacks has got tremendous stamina and a good tolerance for the African heat. Their forefathers, the Hottentot hunting dog, is the only indigenous Southern African dog. I try to take my current Ridgeback, Katy, and the Jack Russell, Rafiki, on a run on the farm at least twice a week. Me on the mountain bike, doing a chilled ride through the fields and paddocks inspecting the crop and livestock and them frolicking and chasing guinea-fowl, rabbits, meerkat and the like. They often do runs of 25 km or even more as long as we pass by some open water where they can have a swim and a drink.

Our four kids LOVE coming on holiday with us each year. They love the car - even the cats & they all use it as an excuse to cuddle up to each other & go to sleep for 10 hours.

They all want to be as close as possible to us in the front, which often results in situations like this one...

post-46219-0-15797100-1421049907_thumb.jpg

Our four kids LOVE coming on holiday with us each year. They love the car - even the cats & they all use it as an excuse to cuddle up to each other & go to sleep for 10 hours.

They all want to be as close as possible to us in the front, which often results in situations like this one...

Roooaaad triiiiip yeah!!

This is BRILLAINT!! This is why I'm crazy about dogs!

Say hello to Jaxson Rose! This German Shepherd is obviously adorable, but his hidden talent is what makes him REALLY special. Get ready to be blown away…

Nothing gets Jaxson moving like a good hip-hop song and in this case, it’s Flo Rida’s hit song, “Low.” As soon as his favorite jam comes on the radio, Jaxson starts ear-dancing, something that is completely impossible for someone like me.

Then again, how can you NOT dance when this song comes on the radio? Truth be told, Jaxson is a way better dancer than I’ll ever be and he only uses his cute little doggy ears.

Four-year-old Jaxson’s video was such a hit on YouTube, that it was even been nominated for a “Golden Bone Award” on FOX’s “Cause for Paws” television special.

When you see how this pup can wiggle his furry pointers, you’ll understand why. This dog is truly unbelievable.

Bow down to the dancing king, Jaxson!