Show us your pets

tunariaan

Meet Sasha, attachicon.gif20150203_174108.jpg

She is a Husky I rescued more than a month ago. She was underfed, full of ticks and in a terrible condition when I found her. She has since picked up 3-4kg and has been sterilized and is in perfect condition. She is almost a year old and we suspect that she lived most of her puppy life on the streets. What a beaut she turned out to be.

I currently have 2 foster failures Husky's :blush: with me and a rescued German Shepherd and Golden Retriever. So I don't have space for another dog. I always knew that she is just living with me until she is strong enough to go to Husky Rescue Bloem, but damn it's hard to let her go. She is fitting in so well with all my dogs. But it breaks my heart to say that today is her last day with us.

Wish I could have found her a home. But will keep trying until she has one

She's beautiful Wil!

Edited by Scale

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had to have one of my Dachsies put down owing to back injury.

The surgery didn't help and she went downhill. RIP Layla.

I've Lost my first two dogs that my my now wife gave me after the divorce I went through and the ex took the previous pair of Dachsies.

So they were pretty special. Louis and Layla.

Kept me sane inside insanity when there wasn't much else in my world that seemed stable or worth holding on to

I have three others and we will get another one - will have to be a pup this time.

Its amazing how we I mark events in my life and timelines on the passing of pets.

Always remember - they may be part of your life, but to them you are their total life.

Sympathy to you.......although they are only animals, it still hits hard. Strongs........the new pup is only going to benefit from a loving and caring GROOT BAAS.

Sorry to hear about Lyla. 

I so want a sausage dog but I am terrified of their risk for back injuries, I could not handle what you have been through.

They are truly excellent dogs.

I have another 3 so you are talking to a convert.

And so many at the rescue centres that need a home. Two of mine are rescues.

It is a risk but Labbies have sensitive stomachs and dalmatians are deaf. So every furry friend breed has their issues.

I think the thing that scares us the most is how much we love them and when their time is up having to make some tough calls.

Give a little guy a home.

If you do get a dachsie then always feed them good joint food and dont let them jump off and on beds.

But man they are excellent hounds. I could have you in tears of laughter about all their antics, especially this one. Thing is when they are gone its tears of pain.

Was 9 excellent years. They are normally pretty low maintenance and very rewarding.

And get a pair.

Send me a picture when you do.

I have often caught myself thinking about how much i prefer the company of animals (ecluding Nathtrix's spiders) over the company of humans....

My wife sent me this pic last night, it sums up the relationship we have with our kids perfectly post-38473-1426791784,0537.jpg

She's beautiful Wil!

Thanks. Unfortunately I had to take her to Husky Rescue in Bloem. Going to visit her and all 24 of the other Husky's at Husky Rescue. What saddens me is that a year ago that number was 15.

IanJ - do you perhaps know someone who can help with my lab.  She is one of 3 adoptees but giving me a lot of grief with digging and eating my plants.  I need to start changing her behavior or pave my garden.  The latter is not an option.

You can probably get more professional advice...but, firstly get her some raw hide bones the big ones that will keep her busy for a while when you leave in the morning (yes it gets expensive), it will make her jaw tired.

Im finding it helps with Miss Molly - I forgot what its like to come home to a garden strewn with all the blankets out of the kennel, chewed up solar lights & garden signs & anything she can grab off the washing line :cursing:

But one wag of a tail & a look at that face & all is forgiven.

Then get one of those half shell kids sand pits. Get her lots of toys & treats & bury them all in the sand for her - you will need to show her they are there the first few times, but it does seem to work like a treasure hunt for them & they get to know that is their place to dig around.

Thankfully Molly seems to just be a chewer rather than a digger!!

She looks like a lucky fish, Little Fish

Thanks Dr Nix. She is such a happy girl.

FULL of beans, thankfully we are right by a big park, so we get to tire her out regularly.

I cant imagine how her spirit must have been broken by her previous home chaining her up to a gate all day...and the other night I was doing something & walked through to the lounge with a hanger in my hand - she nearly had a heart attack & went flying into the corner to get away from me :blush:

But in general there is very little sign of her previous neglect/abuse.

Mostly from expo's and from Rozzer's TARANTULAS

Rozzer's Tarantula's won't ship to Western Cape  :thumbdown: (Damn DA)

Anyone driving to Ct anytime soon who is prepared to bring a tarantula with? There will be a great bottle of the cape's finest red wine in it for you.

Rozzer's Tarantula's won't ship to Western Cape [emoji107] (Damn DA)

Anyone driving to Ct anytime soon who is prepared to bring a tarantula with? There will be a great bottle of the cape's finest red wine in it for you.

I would need 15 bottles before i put them in my car.

I keep thinking of like a bad sam l jackson movie.

"Spiders in a landrover"

Rozzer's Tarantula's won't ship to Western Cape :thumbdown: (Damn DA)

I did state in one of my previous posts that you are not allowed to keep tarantula's in WC or KZN :whistling:

I did state in one of my previous posts that you are not allowed to keep tarantula's in WC or KZN :whistling:

Damn :mellow:  I suppose now finally I have a reason to move to Gauteng and the WC trails are all burn't down so now there is nothing keeping me here.

But what if a tarantula happened to walk over the ANC/DA border and into my very large empty terrarium and set up house there, could he not ask for squatters rights?.

I still have the very real problem of divorce if I come home with one.