Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, you better have lotsa tasty treats ready for him!!!

Was thinking of you guys this morning when I woke up.

My Pekingese male sleeps on a pillow on the floor next to my bed. As soon as he saw I was awake, he jumped up on the bed, onto my chest and started "kissing" me. His exuberance was infectious, and I had to laugh. It was not too long before his little sister joined in, and I was left a slobbering mess. WHICH I DID NOT MIND A BIT!!!!!

My thoughts then went to you a Squams, thinking that if he did something similar before, if he would still be able to do it now, and if not, what effect it will have on him (and you)

So strongs to you guys, and give him lotsa love.....

Edited by Wannabe

Thanks, guys!

Have to make an admission...I felt a wee bit daunted this morning by it all. I needn't have fretted...the vet surprised me by actually adding three new legs to Squamish rather than removing one! He's a dog possessed, and is making up for almost two weeks of being couped up! Instead of me having to be patient with him while he adjusts, he's leaving me far behind...had me tossing a ball for him till after the sun went down!

Will post some pics when I get to my laptop.. .thanks again for all the thoughts and wishes!

Edited by Tumbleweed

Ooh, you better have lotsa tasty treats ready for him!!!

Was thinking of you guys this morning when I woke up.

My Pekingese male sleeps on a pillow on the floor next to my bed. As soon as he saw I was awake, he jumped up on the bed, onto my chest and started "kissing" me. His exuberance was infectious, and I had to laugh. It was not too long before his little sister joined in, and I was left a slobbering mess. WHICH I DID NOT MIND A BIT!!!!!

My thoughts then went to you a Squams, thinking that if he did something similar before, if he would still be able to do it now, and if not, what effect it will have on him (and you)

So strongs to you guys, and give him lotsa love.....

It was a case of slobber clobber! The vet opened the door, and he sprinted across the waiting area...skidding on his three legs! Licked me to death! Jumped up and stood against me...! More gob in the car after he hopped in and lay across the centre console...the slobber funneling out of his cone!

It was a case of slobber clobber! The vet opened the door, and he sprinted across the waiting area...skidding on his three legs! Licked me to death! Jumped up and stood against me...! More gob in the car after he hopped in and lay across the centre console...the slobber funneling out of his cone!

Glad to hear you two are reunited

Thanks, guys! Have to make an admission...I felt a wee bit daunted this morning by it all. I needn't have fretted...the vet surprised me by actually adding three new legs to Squamish rather than removing one! He's a dog possessed, and is making up for almost two weeks of being couped up! Instead of me having to be patient with him while he adjusts, he's leaving me far behind...had me tossing a ball for him till after the sun went down!Will post some pics when I get to my laptop.. .thanks again for all the thoughts and wishes!

this is honestly one of the greatest posts i have read in some time...

These are my two babies.

Ellie on the left, and Impey on the right and in bed. I got him the day Daryl went into yellow at TdF so thought it appropriate :)

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/Patch-elicious/puppies_zpssoipsjeb.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/Patch-elicious/puppies2_zpsbpadbyjy.jpg

Ellie and her new winter outfit

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/Patch-elicious/puppies3_zpsz81joryt.jpg

If someone told me a couple of years ago that 2worssies would rule my house, and be the best dogs evaaa for kids, I would have told them they have had enough, time to stop drinking, my mates got them for their kids and I followed, my daughter counts down the days till their birthdays, buys gifts, wraps them and bakes them special cupcakes, she will not go sleep without him and he follows her like a shadow, bed time she carries him to her room,

Best dogs for kids

What a weekend!

I was nervous at the vet's on Friday. When the door opened, Squmaish popped his head around the jamb, and I thought he would need to be picked up and carried to the car...the he came screaming along the waiting room floor, skidded and splayed across the floor to me! Those cones can stop a dog getting a wounds, but can't sdtop their tongues from getting to your face!

post-1604-0-66604600-1440997200_thumb.jpg

Got him home, there was a wee bit of sniffing and, like, "where the %#@* have you been?" from the others...

post-1604-0-85698700-1440997312_thumb.jpg

He settled in quick, even grabbing the bag of balls I had bought at the vet out of the car. The vet said it's like "he had no emotional attachment to the limb". And she was so right! By the second throw, he had worked it out, and used his stump as a landing patch...sliding himself down onto it, and would scoop the ball in his cone!

I was texting a mate early on Saturday morning, and she asked me how long he had to keep the cone on. I said: "It'll be gone by day-end." I was right, but he had some help from Scar doing his best impression of a vervet monkey...

post-1604-0-24983500-1440997578_thumb.jpg

Sunday mornings are for lying in the kitchen while brekkie is made and slips off the counter by accident for the dogs to eat...Squamish did look a tad sus about what I was doing on the floor...

post-1604-0-52854200-1440997676_thumb.jpg

Ghost just looked bored about life...

post-1604-0-90188100-1440997714_thumb.jpg

These two pics show the amputation, apologies if they're a bit graphic...

post-1604-0-18251500-1440997780_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-04714700-1440997790_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for all the prayers, wishes and thoughts! Really helped!

Geez. Really?

Sorry bud, just seen what's transpired. Can't believe this.. sorry for you and Squams but happy it's worked out, not that losing a leg is any solution but you know what I mean.. 

Now for the neighbour. **** ******* ******* **** ********** ******* ****** nut. 

CCTV man. CCTV

Geez. Really?

Sorry bud, just seen what's transpired. Can't believe this.. sorry for you and Squams but happy it's worked out, not that losing a leg is any solution but you know what I mean.. 

Now for the neighbour. **** ******* ******* **** ********** ******* ****** nut. 

CCTV man. CCTV

It's being dealt with.

Nice to see him up and about and glad he lost the cone - it's just not cool. The incision looks good -" like a cornish pasty" as a patient once commented to me after his below knee amputation.